13 year old Boy-can some one help me?

annonymous

I understand that sweat tests can be elevated for teenagers because of puberty, hormones, etc., therefore it is difficult to interpret them sometimes. There are healthy adults too, who test positive on sweat tests that do not actually have cf. This may or may not apply to your situation, because I see that your child also has symptoms. Maybe just a "symptomatic carrier"? Whatever the situation, Good Luck on the journey...I know it is a tough one and I hope the best for you!

annonymous

I understand that sweat tests can be elevated for teenagers because of puberty, hormones, etc., therefore it is difficult to interpret them sometimes. There are healthy adults too, who test positive on sweat tests that do not actually have cf. This may or may not apply to your situation, because I see that your child also has symptoms. Maybe just a "symptomatic carrier"? Whatever the situation, Good Luck on the journey...I know it is a tough one and I hope the best for you!

annonymous

Childressj

just wanted all to know
Trevor was tested for Pnemonococcal antibody deficiency and he was abnormally low on all 23 so he recieved his pnemovax injection two weeks ago and we will test him again in two more weeks to see if the injection helped but he has not bee terribly ill aside from some headaches and belly aches so we are keepingo ur fingers crossed the pulmo said taht if after two months he is still symtom free we may possible be able to say no CF.......if any of you have checked into this pnemoncoccal thing let me know and any thoughts would be welcomed. Jennifer

Childressj

just wanted all to know
Trevor was tested for Pnemonococcal antibody deficiency and he was abnormally low on all 23 so he recieved his pnemovax injection two weeks ago and we will test him again in two more weeks to see if the injection helped but he has not bee terribly ill aside from some headaches and belly aches so we are keepingo ur fingers crossed the pulmo said taht if after two months he is still symtom free we may possible be able to say no CF.......if any of you have checked into this pnemoncoccal thing let me know and any thoughts would be welcomed. Jennifer

Childressj

just wanted all to know

clawson5104

hi, i'm sorta in the same boat you are. my son wade who will be 2 next month has only one found mutation. R117H. He has some symptoms of cf. and not even on a daily basis. the mutation he has is supposed to be associated with only pancreatic and reproductive issues.....all this started with respiratory problems. so my doc told me for now he will be treated as though he has cf. he is too little for the nasal test, and he sees a gastroenterologist next week. so i suppose it is still up in the air, and may possibly always be . it's so frustrating. when i first started on this site i thought cf was a yes or no thing. lol. either u have it or u don't. my pediatrician thought so too. now, i know more than he does...lol. so anyhow...i know how u feel right now. but since ur son is old enough for the nasal test, i'd go in that direction. my doc says if my son was bigger it would help out alot in answering some of our questions. good luck. and i'm praying for you and ur family.

clawson5104

hi, i'm sorta in the same boat you are. my son wade who will be 2 next month has only one found mutation. R117H. He has some symptoms of cf. and not even on a daily basis. the mutation he has is supposed to be associated with only pancreatic and reproductive issues.....all this started with respiratory problems. so my doc told me for now he will be treated as though he has cf. he is too little for the nasal test, and he sees a gastroenterologist next week. so i suppose it is still up in the air, and may possibly always be . it's so frustrating. when i first started on this site i thought cf was a yes or no thing. lol. either u have it or u don't. my pediatrician thought so too. now, i know more than he does...lol. so anyhow...i know how u feel right now. but since ur son is old enough for the nasal test, i'd go in that direction. my doc says if my son was bigger it would help out alot in answering some of our questions. good luck. and i'm praying for you and ur family.

clawson5104

Childressj

quick update on Trevor
Just took more blood to test his pneumonococcal antibody deficiency after injection and his about half of his titers are within normal limits. He is still having severe headaches and belly aches but overall we think he has definately improved and we will see the pulmonologist in two weeks so I will keep all update. after 13 years ift is so wonderful to finally have someone helping us with this. JC

Childressj

quick update on Trevor
Just took more blood to test his pneumonococcal antibody deficiency after injection and his about half of his titers are within normal limits. He is still having severe headaches and belly aches but overall we think he has definately improved and we will see the pulmonologist in two weeks so I will keep all update. after 13 years ift is so wonderful to finally have someone helping us with this. JC

Childressj

quick update on Trevor

Childressj

quick update on Trevor

Childressj

quick update on Trevor

Childressj

quick update on Trevor

okok

Thank you so much for giving us an update. It is great to hear that your son is finally getting treatment for the right disease. I'm so happy to hear that he is doing better. And i hope he continues to improve!

okok

Thank you so much for giving us an update. It is great to hear that your son is finally getting treatment for the right disease. I'm so happy to hear that he is doing better. And i hope he continues to improve!

okok

okok

okok