2011ALex Award

NYCLawGirl

Hey beautiful fellow transplantees/waiters:

So in apologize in advance for the bragging, but last weekend at the CFF's annual Volunteer Leadership Conference I was beyond honored to receive the Alex Award - named after Alex DeFord and presented by her father. This is the Foundation's highest award for a CF patient and it totally blew my mind (esp considering I had NO warning and had to give a short talk to accept).

At any rate, the point of this self-promotion is really just to say thanks. I've been active in the CFF since childhood, but I felt myself withdrawing big time when I first started facing transplant. I want to thank you all for the inspiration and motivation to keep involved, and to know everything would turn out exactly as it should be. You guys are spectacular - each of you.

Thanks again,
Piper

NYCLawGirl

So in apologize in advance for the bragging, but last weekend at the CFF's annual Volunteer Leadership Conference I was beyond honored to receive the Alex Award - named after Alex DeFord and presented by her father. This is the Foundation's highest award for a CF patient and it totally blew my mind (esp considering I had NO warning and had to give a short talk to accept).

At any rate, the point of this self-promotion is really just to say thanks. I've been active in the CFF since childhood, but I felt myself withdrawing big time when I first started facing transplant. I want to thank you all for the inspiration and motivation to keep involved, and to know everything would turn out exactly as it should be. You guys are spectacular - each of you.

Thanks again,
Piper

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />So in apologize in advance for the bragging, but last weekend at the CFF's annual Volunteer Leadership Conference I was beyond honored to receive the Alex Award - named after Alex DeFord and presented by her father. This is the Foundation's highest award for a CF patient and it totally blew my mind (esp considering I had NO warning and had to give a short talk to accept).
<br />
<br />At any rate, the point of this self-promotion is really just to say thanks. I've been active in the CFF since childhood, but I felt myself withdrawing big time when I first started facing transplant. I want to thank you all for the inspiration and motivation to keep involved, and to know everything would turn out exactly as it should be. You guys are spectacular - each of you.
<br />
<br />Thanks again,
<br />Piper

Lex

WOW.....what a tremendous honor! WAY TO GO!!!

Congratulations, Piper....you deserve this!

Frank wrote me a letter just before the marathon....what a great guy!

Lex

Congratulations, Piper....you deserve this!

Frank wrote me a letter just before the marathon....what a great guy!

Lex

<br />
<br />Congratulations, Piper....you deserve this!
<br />
<br />Frank wrote me a letter just before the marathon....what a great guy!

LouLou

For all that you do Piper, thank you. thank you. thank you. And please don't stop fundraising and spreading awareness about cf and transplantation. I'm sure you'll agree this battle ain't over yet!

LouLou

For all that you do Piper, thank you. thank you. thank you. And please don't stop fundraising and spreading awareness about cf and transplantation. I'm sure you'll agree this battle ain't over yet!

LouLou