28 days OFF cayston ISSUES

rAnDiMKdir

So, I started Cayston last month, did 28 days, now I'm on my OFF 28 days. This is the beginning of my third week and I am feeling it!!!! I was doing TOBI prior to Cayston but due to my wanting to conceive, we moved to Cayston since it's a Class B drug.

So, do any of you have horrible issues on your 28 days OFF? I feel like I'm sucking through a coffee straw! If so, what do you to get you through to the next round of Cayston?

Thanks! :-D

rAnDiMKdir

So, I started Cayston last month, did 28 days, now I'm on my OFF 28 days. This is the beginning of my third week and I am feeling it!!!! I was doing TOBI prior to Cayston but due to my wanting to conceive, we moved to Cayston since it's a Class B drug.

So, do any of you have horrible issues on your 28 days OFF? I feel like I'm sucking through a coffee straw! If so, what do you to get you through to the next round of Cayston?

Thanks! :-D

rAnDiMKdir

<br />
<br />So, do any of you have horrible issues on your 28 days OFF? I feel like I'm sucking through a coffee straw! If so, what do you to get you through to the next round of Cayston?
<br />
<br />Thanks! :-D

katiemann89

im the same way i alternate between cayston and colistin every 28 days so when im off cayston the colistin keeps me kinda stabalized but i dont feel as good as when im on the cayston. so when im off of it i try to do an extra vest treatment everyday...

katiemann89

im the same way i alternate between cayston and colistin every 28 days so when im off cayston the colistin keeps me kinda stabalized but i dont feel as good as when im on the cayston. so when im off of it i try to do an extra vest treatment everyday...

katiemann89

Giggles

I take Colistin. But my coli months are actually better than my Cayston months. I use to be tobi on and then nothing and I could NEVER get through my off months. I always have to be on an inhaled antibiotic. Can you take Coli while pregnant? Good Luck

Giggles

I take Colistin. But my coli months are actually better than my Cayston months. I use to be tobi on and then nothing and I could NEVER get through my off months. I always have to be on an inhaled antibiotic. Can you take Coli while pregnant? Good Luck

Giggles

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Randi,

I was having the same issue. I feel GREAT while on Cayston but then about week 2 of my off cycle I start feeling it. Where I'm wishing it was time to start my Cayston cycle. I don't necessarily feel as bad as what you describe with breathing through a straw, I just feel more congested and in general I can tell the difference.

I don't tolerate Tobi or Colistin anymore so I don't have any other choices to alternate with Cayston. When I told my doc about how noticeable the difference was and that I start feeling worse after just a short time, he had my start cycling Cayston 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. He said he had been hearing similar things about Cayston where people feel really good while on it but then crappy almost immediately when off it.

Maybe the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off is something you could ask your doctor about? I can't really tell you how well it's working for me because my doc ended up taking me off Cayston when we found out I was pregnant a couple months ago. However, my high-risk OB feels that Cayston is safe so I may be using it again soon, we'll see.

Good luck to you!

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Randi,

I was having the same issue. I feel GREAT while on Cayston but then about week 2 of my off cycle I start feeling it. Where I'm wishing it was time to start my Cayston cycle. I don't necessarily feel as bad as what you describe with breathing through a straw, I just feel more congested and in general I can tell the difference.

I don't tolerate Tobi or Colistin anymore so I don't have any other choices to alternate with Cayston. When I told my doc about how noticeable the difference was and that I start feeling worse after just a short time, he had my start cycling Cayston 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. He said he had been hearing similar things about Cayston where people feel really good while on it but then crappy almost immediately when off it.

Maybe the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off is something you could ask your doctor about? I can't really tell you how well it's working for me because my doc ended up taking me off Cayston when we found out I was pregnant a couple months ago. However, my high-risk OB feels that Cayston is safe so I may be using it again soon, we'll see.

Good luck to you!

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Randi,
<br />
<br />I was having the same issue. I feel GREAT while on Cayston but then about week 2 of my off cycle I start feeling it. Where I'm wishing it was time to start my Cayston cycle. I don't necessarily feel as bad as what you describe with breathing through a straw, I just feel more congested and in general I can tell the difference.
<br />
<br />I don't tolerate Tobi or Colistin anymore so I don't have any other choices to alternate with Cayston. When I told my doc about how noticeable the difference was and that I start feeling worse after just a short time, he had my start cycling Cayston 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. He said he had been hearing similar things about Cayston where people feel really good while on it but then crappy almost immediately when off it.
<br />
<br />Maybe the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off is something you could ask your doctor about? I can't really tell you how well it's working for me because my doc ended up taking me off Cayston when we found out I was pregnant a couple months ago. However, my high-risk OB feels that Cayston is safe so I may be using it again soon, we'll see.
<br />
<br />Good luck to you!