2nd false alarm!

kaylamarie19

Sat night I was called again to Brigham & Women's at around 5pm because they had donor lungs. So my whole family scrambled there and the drs were very optimistic about this pair.my port was accessed and i had an EKG and xray and then went down to pre-op. I was only there for about 15min when I was wheeled back into the OR at about 8pm. i was put on the table and then they started to sedate me. Next thing I know Im awake three hours later feeling like i got hit by a truck. I guess they started and put in the catheter and the neck line and the arterial line in my wrist along with the breathing tube. turns out the lungs had puss all on them (gross!) and when they tried to scrape it off they bled. Seeing as i was already under the surgeon bronched me. well today is monday and i still feel groggy and sick. I have chills and Idk if its from the anethsia or something else?

kaylamarie19

Sat night I was called again to Brigham & Women's at around 5pm because they had donor lungs. So my whole family scrambled there and the drs were very optimistic about this pair.my port was accessed and i had an EKG and xray and then went down to pre-op. I was only there for about 15min when I was wheeled back into the OR at about 8pm. i was put on the table and then they started to sedate me. Next thing I know Im awake three hours later feeling like i got hit by a truck. I guess they started and put in the catheter and the neck line and the arterial line in my wrist along with the breathing tube. turns out the lungs had puss all on them (gross!) and when they tried to scrape it off they bled. Seeing as i was already under the surgeon bronched me. well today is monday and i still feel groggy and sick. I have chills and Idk if its from the anethsia or something else?

kaylamarie19

kaylamarie19

kaylamarie19

Breezy

Kayla, I was so sad when you told me about this on facebook! I have heard of ppl reacting this way after getting a bronch so I wouldn't worry too much. I've had one before but i was so sick to begin with when it happened, if i felt worse afterwards I wouldn't remember.

I hope you get your lungs soon!

Breezy

Kayla, I was so sad when you told me about this on facebook! I have heard of ppl reacting this way after getting a bronch so I wouldn't worry too much. I've had one before but i was so sick to begin with when it happened, if i felt worse afterwards I wouldn't remember.

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

Skye

Kaylamarie,
I just read your post! I am sorry you had to go through that. I certainly hope you are feeling a little better here a few days later. We are all thiking about you here now that I know more about what you're goin through. Keep us posted.

Skye

Kaylamarie,
I just read your post! I am sorry you had to go through that. I certainly hope you are feeling a little better here a few days later. We are all thiking about you here now that I know more about what you're goin through. Keep us posted.

Skye

Kaylamarie,

Skye

Kaylamarie,

Skye

Kaylamarie,

Liza

Oh, I am so sorry you went so far only to come out of it with nothing. They must have really thought these were the ones though. Still it hurts. I am praying you get your new perfect (puss free) lungs soon. They will be so perfect, just for you.
Feel better soon, sometimes those bronchs can just kick you in the butt. I'll be thinking about you.

Liza

Oh, I am so sorry you went so far only to come out of it with nothing. They must have really thought these were the ones though. Still it hurts. I am praying you get your new perfect (puss free) lungs soon. They will be so perfect, just for you.
Feel better soon, sometimes those bronchs can just kick you in the butt. I'll be thinking about you.

Liza

Liza

Liza