3.5 year old hates doing CPT

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
What about the "percussor"? It's just as expensive as the vest; however, I thought it was developed in Canada. It's basically a big massager...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
What about the "percussor"? It's just as expensive as the vest; however, I thought it was developed in Canada. It's basically a big massager...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

JennyCoulon

Yes I do now recall the the "treatment toys" did get old after a while. I would just try and keep her busy with coloring (might be sloppy), playing with toys, watching cartoons, etc.

I think as they get older it does get better. Luckily for us my 3 year old gets hooked to his Vest and can't get it off. He does sometimes try and move away and it disconnects but he knows that it that happens he is in big trouble.

JennyCoulon

Yes I do now recall the the "treatment toys" did get old after a while. I would just try and keep her busy with coloring (might be sloppy), playing with toys, watching cartoons, etc.

I think as they get older it does get better. Luckily for us my 3 year old gets hooked to his Vest and can't get it off. He does sometimes try and move away and it disconnects but he knows that it that happens he is in big trouble.

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

<br />
<br />I think as they get older it does get better. Luckily for us my 3 year old gets hooked to his Vest and can't get it off. He does sometimes try and move away and it disconnects but he knows that it that happens he is in big trouble.
<br />
<br />

19forever93

Singing really didn't work?
When I was little and my dad did chest pt he always sang this song over and over again while he was doing it (i don't remember the exact name)...and he would always do funny voices and pat me in time to the song and go all crazy and fast sometimes, and at the end he would hold me upside down in the air and tickle me...it was a blast. I didn't even think of it as a treatment, I actually begged him to do it. of course i don't know if it's just me but it was soooo fun. also he said that it was a totally horrendous workout and he dreaded doing it but he knew it kept me healthy and it was better to have me liking my treatments at a young age. Make sure you find some way to make treatments fun though!! They switched me to the horribly boring vest when I was in kindergarten, and, after a few years, when my parents weren't watching, I would start to make the timer "ding" and not sit on the button to make me bounce. Eventually I stopped doing it correctly altogether (all of these sneaky habits learned as a first grader). Now I am in a habit where I still don't do it right most of the time...all I'm saying is I wish they had waited for me to get really sick of that song before giving me the vest, so I would have aprreciated it more. Since I hated the vest and wanted my song, I made some really bad habits that I still can't break.

19forever93

When I was little and my dad did chest pt he always sang this song over and over again while he was doing it (i don't remember the exact name)...and he would always do funny voices and pat me in time to the song and go all crazy and fast sometimes, and at the end he would hold me upside down in the air and tickle me...it was a blast. I didn't even think of it as a treatment, I actually begged him to do it. of course i don't know if it's just me but it was soooo fun. also he said that it was a totally horrendous workout and he dreaded doing it but he knew it kept me healthy and it was better to have me liking my treatments at a young age. Make sure you find some way to make treatments fun though!! They switched me to the horribly boring vest when I was in kindergarten, and, after a few years, when my parents weren't watching, I would start to make the timer "ding" and not sit on the button to make me bounce. Eventually I stopped doing it correctly altogether (all of these sneaky habits learned as a first grader). Now I am in a habit where I still don't do it right most of the time...all I'm saying is I wish they had waited for me to get really sick of that song before giving me the vest, so I would have aprreciated it more. Since I hated the vest and wanted my song, I made some really bad habits that I still can't break.

19forever93

19forever93

19forever93

<br />When I was little and my dad did chest pt he always sang this song over and over again while he was doing it (i don't remember the exact name)...and he would always do funny voices and pat me in time to the song and go all crazy and fast sometimes, and at the end he would hold me upside down in the air and tickle me...it was a blast. I didn't even think of it as a treatment, I actually begged him to do it. of course i don't know if it's just me but it was soooo fun. also he said that it was a totally horrendous workout and he dreaded doing it but he knew it kept me healthy and it was better to have me liking my treatments at a young age. Make sure you find some way to make treatments fun though!! They switched me to the horribly boring vest when I was in kindergarten, and, after a few years, when my parents weren't watching, I would start to make the timer "ding" and not sit on the button to make me bounce. Eventually I stopped doing it correctly altogether (all of these sneaky habits learned as a first grader). Now I am in a habit where I still don't do it right most of the time...all I'm saying is I wish they had waited for me to get really sick of that song before giving me the vest, so I would have aprreciated it more. Since I hated the vest and wanted my song, I made some really bad habits that I still can't break.

cheygemini

My only advice to add would be to not give up doing it. Let her know that there is only one option, and that is to do her CPT every time. There are no exceptions.
My daughter is 3 years & 3 months and she likes to test me to see if she can get me to not do it. Just don't give in and not do it, then it will be really, really hard to get her to do it. At this age they are pushing the boundries big time and seeing what we will let them get away with. If you hold fast long enough, she will give up fighting you.
She sounds like a real fighter, which is a <i>great</i> quality to have (when the energy is put into other activities, ha ha!!)
Good luck!!!

cheygemini

My only advice to add would be to not give up doing it. Let her know that there is only one option, and that is to do her CPT every time. There are no exceptions.
My daughter is 3 years & 3 months and she likes to test me to see if she can get me to not do it. Just don't give in and not do it, then it will be really, really hard to get her to do it. At this age they are pushing the boundries big time and seeing what we will let them get away with. If you hold fast long enough, she will give up fighting you.
She sounds like a real fighter, which is a <i>great</i> quality to have (when the energy is put into other activities, ha ha!!)
Good luck!!!

cheygemini

Good luck!!!

cheygemini

Good luck!!!

cheygemini

<br />My daughter is 3 years & 3 months and she likes to test me to see if she can get me to not do it. Just don't give in and not do it, then it will be really, really hard to get her to do it. At this age they are pushing the boundries big time and seeing what we will let them get away with. If you hold fast long enough, she will give up fighting you.
<br />She sounds like a real fighter, which is a <i>great</i> quality to have (when the energy is put into other activities, ha ha!!)
<br />Good luck!!!