3 week old with CF

MargaritaChic

My daughter was diagnosed at 7 days old with newborn screening.

Early diagnosis is GREAT because you can start treating your child proactively.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />Early diagnosis is GREAT because you can start treating your child proactively.

Alyssa

I personally have not experienced early diagnosis, however I do know of many on this site and others who were diagnosed double delta F508 too. Many are doing well and are in their adult years.

In this case being diagnosed early does not necessarily mean that symptoms will continue to arise early, but it is a very good thing that she did receive early diagnosis and proper treatment. Sounds like she is in good hands.

Welcome to the site and best wishes.

Alyssa

I personally have not experienced early diagnosis, however I do know of many on this site and others who were diagnosed double delta F508 too. Many are doing well and are in their adult years.

In this case being diagnosed early does not necessarily mean that symptoms will continue to arise early, but it is a very good thing that she did receive early diagnosis and proper treatment. Sounds like she is in good hands.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />In this case being diagnosed early does not necessarily mean that symptoms will continue to arise early, but it is a very good thing that she did receive early diagnosis and proper treatment. Sounds like she is in good hands.
<br />
<br />Welcome to the site and best wishes.

tucksmama

My son was diagnosed at 1 week of age by the newborn screening test. He is DDF508 also. He is now 6 1/2 years old and is doing great!! You will find this site very helpful and encouraging. Congrats on your new baby girl!

tucksmama

My son was diagnosed at 1 week of age by the newborn screening test. He is DDF508 also. He is now 6 1/2 years old and is doing great!! You will find this site very helpful and encouraging. Congrats on your new baby girl!

tucksmama

tucksmama

tucksmama

kitomd21

Thank you everyone for your responses! I only posted last night and was so pleased to have received so many responses!

A few more questions -
1. After chest percussions, should I eventually expect to hear her cough as if clearing mucous?
2. How do I avoid pseudomonas? I've already become paranoid about water in my yard! Should I be that concerned?
3. Someone posted that their child underwent sinus surgeries due to CF - what was the cause for the surgeries?

kitomd21

Thank you everyone for your responses! I only posted last night and was so pleased to have received so many responses!

A few more questions -
1. After chest percussions, should I eventually expect to hear her cough as if clearing mucous?
2. How do I avoid pseudomonas? I've already become paranoid about water in my yard! Should I be that concerned?
3. Someone posted that their child underwent sinus surgeries due to CF - what was the cause for the surgeries?

kitomd21

A few more questions -

kitomd21

A few more questions -

kitomd21

<br />
<br />A few more questions -
<br />1. After chest percussions, should I eventually expect to hear her cough as if clearing mucous?
<br />2. How do I avoid pseudomonas? I've already become paranoid about water in my yard! Should I be that concerned?
<br />3. Someone posted that their child underwent sinus surgeries due to CF - what was the cause for the surgeries?