37 weeks pregnant with CF child & dealing with severe anxiety

B

braydenzmom

hi all...i am a 22 year old mom to be. my little brayden is due november 25th and i was just curious if anyone has dealt with severe anxiety during their pregnancy? i am on medication, and was just wondering if anyone else had this same experience? im starting to have anxiety issues about my anxiety. im worried the medication im taking may cause withdrawls in my newborn. if anyone has any information i need all the answers i can get. thanks for taking the time!

B

braydenzmom

hi all...i am a 22 year old mom to be. my little brayden is due november 25th and i was just curious if anyone has dealt with severe anxiety during their pregnancy? i am on medication, and was just wondering if anyone else had this same experience? im starting to have anxiety issues about my anxiety. im worried the medication im taking may cause withdrawls in my newborn. if anyone has any information i need all the answers i can get. thanks for taking the time!

B

braydenzmom

B

braydenzmom

B

braydenzmom

JORDYSMOM

Jessica- I don't have any experience with anxiety meds during pregnancy. I do have experience with anxiety. It really stinks! I too have had anxiety over taking the meds for anxiety. Don't want to be dependent, etc.

I am no expert, but I would think that the anxiety itself would be more of a risk for the baby than the meds. Anxiety speeds heart rate, makes breathing harder, raises blood pressure, and many other things. I think you being calm is more of a benefit to Brayden than a risk. You are doing everything in your power to make life easier for your son. He is blessed to have such proactive parents. Try to relax and enjoy these last few weeks of carrying him.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Jessica- I don't have any experience with anxiety meds during pregnancy. I do have experience with anxiety. It really stinks! I too have had anxiety over taking the meds for anxiety. Don't want to be dependent, etc.

I am no expert, but I would think that the anxiety itself would be more of a risk for the baby than the meds. Anxiety speeds heart rate, makes breathing harder, raises blood pressure, and many other things. I think you being calm is more of a benefit to Brayden than a risk. You are doing everything in your power to make life easier for your son. He is blessed to have such proactive parents. Try to relax and enjoy these last few weeks of carrying him.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

Alyssa

I would hope you could trust your doctor's choice of medication and Brayden would not have any withdrawals from the medication.

On the other hand, if you are concerned about taking medication for it, perhaps look into the alternative things such as meditation, yoga, acupuncture/acupressure....I don't know what else to tell you.... I'm afraid I would be feeling very similar to you if I were in your shoes....I know it's easier said than done, but worrying ahead of time cannot change the outcome...it only makes dealing with the present more difficult. One thing I have told myself about worrying is to look at my track record.... nearly everything I have ever worried about in my life has never come true.... I guess I'm not very good about predicting what I need to be worrying about :)

Others on here have suggested about putting time limits on your "worry time" like 15 minutes a day or two times a day... take that time out to focus on what you want to worry about... after that it's time to think about other things..... I've personally never tried it, but it sounds like a great idea !

Hang in there!

Alyssa

I would hope you could trust your doctor's choice of medication and Brayden would not have any withdrawals from the medication.

On the other hand, if you are concerned about taking medication for it, perhaps look into the alternative things such as meditation, yoga, acupuncture/acupressure....I don't know what else to tell you.... I'm afraid I would be feeling very similar to you if I were in your shoes....I know it's easier said than done, but worrying ahead of time cannot change the outcome...it only makes dealing with the present more difficult. One thing I have told myself about worrying is to look at my track record.... nearly everything I have ever worried about in my life has never come true.... I guess I'm not very good about predicting what I need to be worrying about :)

Others on here have suggested about putting time limits on your "worry time" like 15 minutes a day or two times a day... take that time out to focus on what you want to worry about... after that it's time to think about other things..... I've personally never tried it, but it sounds like a great idea !

Hang in there!

Alyssa

Hang in there!

Alyssa

Hang in there!

Alyssa

Hang in there!