44/43 sweat test results.......lots of questions???????

clawson5104

I was thinking the same thing!!! I feel like i'm running in circles!! I hope I get some answers soon too. Wade cannot get into cardiology until July 16. Not sure if I can wait that long. Dont know what to do. But pulmonologist is NOW faxing info to gastro....LOL>figures. I called Gastro, he said that's fine he only seen him yesterday, so if he has any other opinions we he definitely call me. but will more than likely stay the same. I just dont know.

Thanks for laugh, and hugs......I needed that.

clawson5104

I was thinking the same thing!!! I feel like i'm running in circles!! I hope I get some answers soon too. Wade cannot get into cardiology until July 16. Not sure if I can wait that long. Dont know what to do. But pulmonologist is NOW faxing info to gastro....LOL>figures. I called Gastro, he said that's fine he only seen him yesterday, so if he has any other opinions we he definitely call me. but will more than likely stay the same. I just dont know.

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

hi everyone. i just thought i would update on wade. it's been a long time. after seeing cardiologist.........innocent murmur...so that's good news, genetic counselor........not sure why we had to do that one.......cf nurse pretty much covered everything g.c. had to say. monday we went to pulmonologist......his lungs sound great......must be all the swimming and jumpin on the trampoline.....he has went to 24.2lbs..as he is eating much better. he doesn't have to do albuterol x2daily and cpt is not a must unless he starts getting sick (he will not "play along") so swimming 2 hrs a day (weather permitting) and jumping on the trampoline ALOT hopefully makes up for it. his bowel movements are more regular now that he is eating.........tests are still showing good pancreatic function. So right now we have alot of good news. Only thing he seems to be getting alot of nose bleeds. at least once a week. at first we thought it was a scratch inside (he's a nose picker.....sorry) so we're watching that one.

I have been told that Wade's case is extremely mild. Make sure he gets his flu/pneumonia shot, watch him when viruses are lurking...etc. But his life "should" not be too "out of the norm" in comparison to non-cf kids. He will more than likely grow out of what symptoms he has. I am not dropping my guard though.....I have learned here that alot of cfers start "mild" My CF nurse did say that he will still be treated as CF reguardless......prevention is the key. so i can honestly say....my son is very well taken care of.....i just hope they stick with it even if he doesn't have so many symptoms as he grows.

I also just want to say thanks for this site.........and everybody on it.
I have learned sooooo much from here, the downside is when we do go to docs....I have already read everything here, and I don't have too much to ask at doc office....LOL> so thanks again!

P.S.......i have to brag......this month's newsletter....2boys coming down slide....MY BOYS well 2 of them....Gage and Wade. ......SORRY,,,,HAD TO BRAG! AREN'T THEY CUTE!!! I emailed that newsletter to at least 30 people i'm sure!

clawson5104

hi everyone. i just thought i would update on wade. it's been a long time. after seeing cardiologist.........innocent murmur...so that's good news, genetic counselor........not sure why we had to do that one.......cf nurse pretty much covered everything g.c. had to say. monday we went to pulmonologist......his lungs sound great......must be all the swimming and jumpin on the trampoline.....he has went to 24.2lbs..as he is eating much better. he doesn't have to do albuterol x2daily and cpt is not a must unless he starts getting sick (he will not "play along") so swimming 2 hrs a day (weather permitting) and jumping on the trampoline ALOT hopefully makes up for it. his bowel movements are more regular now that he is eating.........tests are still showing good pancreatic function. So right now we have alot of good news. Only thing he seems to be getting alot of nose bleeds. at least once a week. at first we thought it was a scratch inside (he's a nose picker.....sorry) so we're watching that one.

I have been told that Wade's case is extremely mild. Make sure he gets his flu/pneumonia shot, watch him when viruses are lurking...etc. But his life "should" not be too "out of the norm" in comparison to non-cf kids. He will more than likely grow out of what symptoms he has. I am not dropping my guard though.....I have learned here that alot of cfers start "mild" My CF nurse did say that he will still be treated as CF reguardless......prevention is the key. so i can honestly say....my son is very well taken care of.....i just hope they stick with it even if he doesn't have so many symptoms as he grows.

I have learned sooooo much from here, the downside is when we do go to docs....I have already read everything here, and I don't have too much to ask at doc office....LOL> so thanks again!

P.S.......i have to brag......this month's newsletter....2boys coming down slide....MY BOYS well 2 of them....Gage and Wade. ......SORRY,,,,HAD TO BRAG! AREN'T THEY CUTE!!! I emailed that newsletter to at least 30 people i'm sure!

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Nosebleeds could be from not having enough vitamin K. DS takes ADEKs drops, plus his doctor has supplemented an additional Vitamin K tablet once a week, because he feels the vitamin drops don't have adequate Vitamin K in them.

To be honest, I cringe when clinics (like our local one) suggest doing CPT only when there are problems. And also to tell a parent it's a mild case. CF is a progressive disease. IMO, it's very important to practice good preventative lung care and do CPT on a daily basis -- 2-4 times a day.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Nosebleeds could be from not having enough vitamin K. DS takes ADEKs drops, plus his doctor has supplemented an additional Vitamin K tablet once a week, because he feels the vitamin drops don't have adequate Vitamin K in them.

To be honest, I cringe when clinics (like our local one) suggest doing CPT only when there are problems. And also to tell a parent it's a mild case. CF is a progressive disease. IMO, it's very important to practice good preventative lung care and do CPT on a daily basis -- 2-4 times a day.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member