6 month old with staph auereus klebsiella

newmom

My 6 month old keeps culturing staph aureus and now klebsiella. His Dr wants to put him on a long term maintenance dose of Clavulin. I'm having a tough time making a decision as he still has no symptoms.

newmom

My 6 month old keeps culturing staph aureus and now klebsiella. His Dr wants to put him on a long term maintenance dose of Clavulin. I'm having a tough time making a decision as he still has no symptoms.

newmom

newmom

newmom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
While DS hasn't cultured this, he has cultured a few things without symptoms and was put on medications based on the culture results.

Even thought your son doesn't have symptoms, I guess I would ask the doctor about potential issues because of this particular bug -- if he has specific concerns, i.e., scarring, decreased lung function...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
While DS hasn't cultured this, he has cultured a few things without symptoms and was put on medications based on the culture results.

Even thought your son doesn't have symptoms, I guess I would ask the doctor about potential issues because of this particular bug -- if he has specific concerns, i.e., scarring, decreased lung function...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Even thought your son doesn't have symptoms, I guess I would ask the doctor about potential issues because of this particular bug -- if he has specific concerns, i.e., scarring, decreased lung function...