65 Red Roses

JENNYC

Hi guys, I just watched 65 Red Roses and was wondering what you all thought of it or took away from it. My husband did not want to watch it which I totally understand, I however crave knowledge!! Yes, I cried the whole way through it but I feel like I came out understanding so much more about CF. I thought it was a wonderful documentary. As a parent of a young CFer I am still very naive to what the future could hold for her, and this was a definate eye opener. An eye opener to what her future might be, and eye opener to the coping mechanisms that teenagers and adults have, and how important my role as mom is to support and encourage her. In the back of my mind I know the reality of CF and how ugly it can become, but I hardly ever let myself go there because Abby is so young and relatively healthy. And I know that everyone's future could be fixing to change with Kalydeco and so many other drugs on the market, but I also know that it is possible that we could have to journey down that road one day. Even when I read this forum and read about the daily struggles of everyone now it doesn't really sink in and I don't think about Abby when I am reading the harsher stuff but seeing the film really made me think and put her into the equation. I'm glad I was able to watch it. What are some of your thoughts?

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Not long after my father died, from complications of CF, the movie "Love Story" hit the local theater. The only salient comparison between the movies was disease discovery, a deep abiding love and the death of a very dear person. Touted as a great movie to see, my mother and I went to see it. About ten minutes before the tear jerking finale, my mother leaned over and whispered " I've seen the end" and left. I watched the end and joined her. I pray for the day 65 Roses is not relevant and only casually of interest.

There is so much recent advancement in a real genetic cure, I would like to think most living CFers are not fated.

Watto

where can i see the documentarycause my wife is going to start the transplant process and it would be great for her to watch it

242wuu

I watched it once by myself, then again with my husband. That movie is what made me check the YES box for organ donation on my driver's license.