7 year old waking up with tummy aches

rcq925

<P>Hayley, my 7 year old CFer, has been waking up at night complaining of her stomach hurting.  She will often say her stomach hurts, but usually just to get out of eating the rest of her dinner or something else that she does not want to do.  Two nights of the last two weeks she has woken up in the middle of the night crying because her tummy hurts.  I have had her try to go poop to see if that will help.  She has not been able to go.  Last night she was trying to vomit (she has a Nissen, so she really cannot vomit).</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Any ideas?</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Her BM's seem okay and she is on a pretty high does of enzymes (Creon 12's) for her age.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Thanks!</P>

rcq925

<P>Hayley, my 7 year old CFer, has been waking up at night complaining of her stomach hurting. She will often say her stomach hurts, but usually just to get out of eating the rest of her dinner or something else that she does not want to do. Two nights of the last two weeks she has woken up in the middle of the night crying because her tummy hurts. I have had her try to go poop to see if that will help. She has not been able to go. Last night she was trying to vomit (she has a Nissen, so she really cannot vomit).</P>
<P></P>
<P>Any ideas?</P>
<P></P>
<P>Her BM's seem okay and she is on a pretty high does of enzymes (Creon 12's) for her age.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Thanks!</P>

rcq925

<P><BR>Hayley, my 7 year old CFer, has been waking up at night complaining of her stomach hurting. She will often say her stomach hurts, but usually just to get out of eating the rest of her dinner or something else that she does not want to do. Two nights of the last two weeks she has woken up in the middle of the night crying because her tummy hurts. I have had her try to go poop to see if that will help. She has not been able to go. Last night she was trying to vomit (she has a Nissen, so she really cannot vomit).</P>
<P></P>
<P>Any ideas?</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Thanks!</P>

gabster418

My son was having stomach pains and having regular bowel movements but still ended up in the hospital with bowel obstruction. He stayed overnight so they could put in golytely in through a ng tube because he wouldn't drink it at home. He now takes miralax daily so it don't happen again.

gabster418

My son was having stomach pains and having regular bowel movements but still ended up in the hospital with bowel obstruction. He stayed overnight so they could put in golytely in through a ng tube because he wouldn't drink it at home. He now takes miralax daily so it don't happen again.

gabster418

M

Mommafirst

Yeah, I'd be a bit worried about an obstruction forming. Does she take miralax? Maybe a few days and it would feel better.

M

Mommafirst

Yeah, I'd be a bit worried about an obstruction forming. Does she take miralax? Maybe a few days and it would feel better.

M

Mommafirst

<br />

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Just going through this....I would say take your child in for an xray. It can't hurt anything. We just went through a bowl obstruction. I didn't see it coming at all. My son had stomach pains for two night and then started throwing up. I was sooo off. I thought he might have kidney stones. I didn't think of a bowel obstruction because he was still pooping like normal. He had gas stuck and that was causing the pain. I really hope that this is not whats going on with your child. But, from now on I'm going to pay closer attention to tummy aches. Keep us posted!

Love,

Sarah

Mommy to Johnny almost 4 years old w/cf and bailey 1 and half no cf

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Just going through this....I would say take your child in for an xray. It can't hurt anything. We just went through a bowl obstruction. I didn't see it coming at all. My son had stomach pains for two night and then started throwing up. I was sooo off. I thought he might have kidney stones. I didn't think of a bowel obstruction because he was still pooping like normal. He had gas stuck and that was causing the pain. I really hope that this is not whats going on with your child. But, from now on I'm going to pay closer attention to tummy aches. Keep us posted!

Love,

Sarah

Mommy to Johnny almost 4 years old w/cf and bailey 1 and half no cf

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
<br />
<br />Just going through this....I would say take your child in for an xray. It can't hurt anything. We just went through a bowl obstruction. I didn't see it coming at all. My son had stomach pains for two night and then started throwing up. I was sooo off. I thought he might have kidney stones. I didn't think of a bowel obstruction because he was still pooping like normal. He had gas stuck and that was causing the pain. I really hope that this is not whats going on with your child. But, from now on I'm going to pay closer attention to tummy aches. Keep us posted!
<br />
<br />Love,
<br />
<br />Sarah
<br />
<br />Mommy to Johnny almost 4 years old w/cf and bailey 1 and half no cf

MOMTOGIRL2005

My 5 y/o daughter has tummy aches at least twice a week. Usually in the morning. She goes to the bathroom and starts feeling better. Hate to see her hurting. Sorry I have no advice. I just tried to give her more fiber. By the way,
is it ok to give a 5 year old Benefiber??

MOMTOGIRL2005

My 5 y/o daughter has tummy aches at least twice a week. Usually in the morning. She goes to the bathroom and starts feeling better. Hate to see her hurting. Sorry I have no advice. I just tried to give her more fiber. By the way,
is it ok to give a 5 year old Benefiber??

MOMTOGIRL2005

<br /> is it ok to give a 5 year old Benefiber??