8 months Old, Not gaining Weight

pjspiegle

You did not say anything about enzymes, is she on enzymes? Does she have CF? or just preemie? If she has CF and is not on enzymes, she probably needs some enzymes, even if you are breastfeeding.

Have to take the kids to school, will check back later and maybe add more to the post,

Patty

pjspiegle

You did not say anything about enzymes, is she on enzymes? Does she have CF? or just preemie? If she has CF and is not on enzymes, she probably needs some enzymes, even if you are breastfeeding.

Have to take the kids to school, will check back later and maybe add more to the post,

Patty

pjspiegle

Patty

pjspiegle

Patty

pjspiegle

<br />
<br />Have to take the kids to school, will check back later and maybe add more to the post,
<br />
<br />Patty

AnD

Where is he on the growth chart? Is his height/length at a considerably higher percentile than his weight? Is he maintaining his own growth curve? My (no cf) daughter was a preemie (6 weeks), and is small (stays between the 10th and 20th percentile on her charts), but because she is maintaining her own curve, and based on her family's stature, her doctor isn't concerned about her size. I would have them explain things a little more in depth, if they haven't already. Let us know how it goes?

AnD

Where is he on the growth chart? Is his height/length at a considerably higher percentile than his weight? Is he maintaining his own growth curve? My (no cf) daughter was a preemie (6 weeks), and is small (stays between the 10th and 20th percentile on her charts), but because she is maintaining her own curve, and based on her family's stature, her doctor isn't concerned about her size. I would have them explain things a little more in depth, if they haven't already. Let us know how it goes?

AnD

AnD

AnD

Buckeye

I'm so sorry he's having trouble gaining weight. My son was an 10 week preemie and he had difficulty gaining also (still does). I probably have more questions than answers but here goes.I am assuming your son has CF - do they have him on enzymes?Have you seen the nutritionist at the CF center yet? They always have ideas for getting extra calories in. When my son was still on formula we used to bump up the calories by increasing the amount of Neosure per ounce.Does he have any feeding problems associated with preemies?Does he have any developmental delays that might be causing feeding aversions/problems?

Buckeye

I'm so sorry he's having trouble gaining weight. My son was an 10 week preemie and he had difficulty gaining also (still does). I probably have more questions than answers but here goes.I am assuming your son has CF - do they have him on enzymes?Have you seen the nutritionist at the CF center yet? They always have ideas for getting extra calories in. When my son was still on formula we used to bump up the calories by increasing the amount of Neosure per ounce.Does he have any feeding problems associated with preemies?Does he have any developmental delays that might be causing feeding aversions/problems?

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

<p>I'm so sorry he's having trouble gaining weight. My son was an 10 week preemie and he had difficulty gaining also (still does). I probably have more questions than answers but here goes.<p>I am assuming your son has CF - do they have him on enzymes?<p>Have you seen the nutritionist at the CF center yet? They always have ideas for getting extra calories in. When my son was still on formula we used to bump up the calories by increasing the amount of Neosure per ounce.<p>Does he have any feeding problems associated with preemies?<p>Does he have any developmental delays that might be causing feeding aversions/problems?