a book about cf

Hi everyone, my name is Emma and I am 16 with CF. I am currently taking Prednisone which makes me feel like conquering the world (until I crash), so I got the idea to compile stories from teens living with CF and put them in a book. I could donate the proceeds from the book to CF research (or an organization relating to CF, I am open to suggestions). It would be awesome if you all could write a page or two about your experience and I would choose some that would round out the book. I think the content and proceeds could be helpful for parents, friends, and of course, us with CF.
Some ideas for stories are:
Telling your friends
Scary experiences (getting infections, coughing up blood, waking up in the night sick, etc.)
Doctors appointments
Limitations due to CF
The effects of CF on your future plans
Food limitations
Treatments
Dating/love
Time management
Anything else!

Though my optimism could definitely be the Prednisone talking, I think if we all contribute it could work. Thanks!

SaraNoH

Interesting idea, kind of like a Chicken Soup For the Soul, but a CF edition. Are you thinking you want the contributions to be more of a narrative or just a simple explanation?

A

annawalls

I think it's a brilliant idea! But then again I'm on prednisone too :) I'd love to help out!

littletaylor

For years I have actually been thinking about doing sort of the same thing. I think it's a great idea and I would love to help out and contribute, if you'd like me to, private message me and let me know exactly what you'd like me to do/write about. :)

RunningMan

I think it is a great idea but you need to make sure to include not just scary experiences or what we go through with CF but also what we have accomplished and overcome while still having CF, just a suggestion.

D

Deb

Great idea. Wish I had some prednisone right now. I would be happy to contribute as well.