A Matter of Awareness.

randford

This is a great post from Debbie McConnell. Let her know your thoughts.
https://www.facebook.com/debbiemcconnell007?fref=nf

"May is cystic fibrosis awareness month. I have been asked “where are all the posts you usually fill our news feeds with?”. The truth is that cystic fibrosis is not a bed of roses as the nickname “Sixty Five Roses” would suggest. I am aware. I am aware that as one person reaches a milestone, another is diagnosed with CF. I am aware that as one person surpasses expectations and life expectancy, another is lost before that map can even be charted. I am aware that as we celebrate the anniversary of milestones in research, we also endure the anniversaries that will never fade in our hearts and minds. My family has four of those anniversaries. Janis, Betty, Lena and Robert – all lost their battle to cystic fibrosis – and I am aware. I am aware that they are not at holidays, birthdays, weddings, or even Sunday dinners. I am aware that my family is not the only one. I am aware that even though we have each other, CF is an isolating and lonely disease. I am aware that new treatments and therapies are often financially out of reach for many families. I am aware that there is more money in research than in a cure. I am aware that until we end cystic fibrosis, our CF friends and families will continue to suffer. I am aware that this is unacceptable."

Great awareness, Debbie. And well said.