A Song - I thought I would share

blindhearted

This is a song that has been on my mind a lot the past few days. I knew a guy with CF when I was younger, his name was Kenny. He passed away at 19, about 10 yr ago or more. His family didnt care anything about him. He basically lived his life in the hospital and was raised by the nursing staff. I cant recall ever seeing his parents. I was really young when I knew him and I dont remember much about him. But I often think about him. My parents have told me that Kenny loved me like a little sister. The last time I saw him, I was probably 8-11 yrs old. He was on oxygen and wheelchair bound, I walked over to him and gave him a hug, he smiled. That's the biggest memory I have of him. I never got a chance to say goodbye, and I have no clue where he might be buried, so I can't visit. We werent really close, since I was so young, but he is basically the only CFer I was ever around (this was before the cross-infection thing became so big). I think of him when I hear this song, especially the chorus. Anyway, the reason I'm sharing this song is because it also comes to mind when ever I hear of a CFer passing...maybe someone else can relate to it too. So, I just wanted to share.

Who'd You Be Today - Kenny Chesney

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
I see your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughing in the rain
Still can't believe your gone

Chorus:
It ain't fair, you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
But death tore the pages all away
G0d knows how I miss you
All the he!! that I've been through
Just knowing, no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder
Who'd you be today

Would you see the world
Would you chase your dreams
Settle down with a family
I wonder what would you name your babies
Some days the sky so blue
Feel like I can talk to you
I know it might sound crazy

Repeat Chorus

Today
Today
Todaaaay
Today
Today
Todaaaay

The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know
I'll see you again someday.

Someday
Somedaaay

blindhearted

This is a song that has been on my mind a lot the past few days. I knew a guy with CF when I was younger, his name was Kenny. He passed away at 19, about 10 yr ago or more. His family didnt care anything about him. He basically lived his life in the hospital and was raised by the nursing staff. I cant recall ever seeing his parents. I was really young when I knew him and I dont remember much about him. But I often think about him. My parents have told me that Kenny loved me like a little sister. The last time I saw him, I was probably 8-11 yrs old. He was on oxygen and wheelchair bound, I walked over to him and gave him a hug, he smiled. That's the biggest memory I have of him. I never got a chance to say goodbye, and I have no clue where he might be buried, so I can't visit. We werent really close, since I was so young, but he is basically the only CFer I was ever around (this was before the cross-infection thing became so big). I think of him when I hear this song, especially the chorus. Anyway, the reason I'm sharing this song is because it also comes to mind when ever I hear of a CFer passing...maybe someone else can relate to it too. So, I just wanted to share.

Chorus:
G0d knows how I miss you
Sometimes I wonder
Who'd you be today

Would you see the world

Repeat Chorus

Today
Today
Todaaaay
Today
Today
Todaaaay

Is I know

Someday
Somedaaay

blindhearted

Chorus:
G0d knows how I miss you
Sometimes I wonder
Who'd you be today

Would you see the world

Repeat Chorus

Today
Today
Todaaaay
Today
Today
Todaaaay

Is I know

Someday
Somedaaay

blindhearted

Chorus:
G0d knows how I miss you
Sometimes I wonder
Who'd you be today

Would you see the world

Repeat Chorus

Today
Today
Todaaaay
Today
Today
Todaaaay

Is I know

Someday
Somedaaay

blindhearted

Chorus:
G0d knows how I miss you
Sometimes I wonder
Who'd you be today

Would you see the world

Repeat Chorus

Today
Today
Todaaaay
Today
Today
Todaaaay

Is I know

Someday
Somedaaay

MOME2RT

YES! This song hits home for my hubby, he watched his brother get hit by a car right in front of their house when my hubby was 7 years old & his brother was 10. The car drug him down the street & kept going. The driver was an elderly lady, she said she didnt know what happened.....his brother died 3 days later.

Im sorry about your loss, songs have a great way of helping you heal. Take care!

MOME2RT

YES! This song hits home for my hubby, he watched his brother get hit by a car right in front of their house when my hubby was 7 years old & his brother was 10. The car drug him down the street & kept going. The driver was an elderly lady, she said she didnt know what happened.....his brother died 3 days later.

Im sorry about your loss, songs have a great way of helping you heal. Take care!

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT