Abandoned?

Sunoanbuki

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not .. so feel free to move it if need be.
Today is the CF Walk in Ocean City, NJ. I made it known to my friends over a month ago and from what I was to understand there was supposed to be a good turn out as far as they were concerned. Now here we are on the day of .. and no one .. literally no one is showing up. Am I right to feel pissed off and hurt? I'm fine with no one showing up really .. I just dont like when people say theyre going to do something that means a lot to me and then bail, ya know? I dont know.

Sunoanbuki

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not .. so feel free to move it if need be.
Today is the CF Walk in Ocean City, NJ. I made it known to my friends over a month ago and from what I was to understand there was supposed to be a good turn out as far as they were concerned. Now here we are on the day of .. and no one .. literally no one is showing up. Am I right to feel pissed off and hurt? I'm fine with no one showing up really .. I just dont like when people say theyre going to do something that means a lot to me and then bail, ya know? I dont know.

Sunoanbuki

Sunoanbuki

Sunoanbuki

<br />Today is the CF Walk in Ocean City, NJ. I made it known to my friends over a month ago and from what I was to understand there was supposed to be a good turn out as far as they were concerned. Now here we are on the day of .. and no one .. literally no one is showing up. Am I right to feel pissed off and hurt? I'm fine with no one showing up really .. I just dont like when people say theyre going to do something that means a lot to me and then bail, ya know? I dont know.

JazzysMom

I would feel abandoned also I think. I would be much more understanding if people were up front with me & said they couldnt/wouldnt do it.

I am like that with them. Its especially sad when we are talking a lot of people because things do happen so to expect a few to have last minute things happen is fair.

I am sorry to hear this & I hope that, maybe, everyone is running behind schedule. I would try not to take it personally tho. I know it will be hard, but....honestly... most people dont understand how important these walks are.

When there is so much in the media for fundraising for other causes like cancer, parkisons etc....I think people start tuning out what they hear/see until it hits home.

HUGS & walk proudly so it can be known that even without them......you did what you said you would!!!

JazzysMom

I would feel abandoned also I think. I would be much more understanding if people were up front with me & said they couldnt/wouldnt do it.

I am like that with them. Its especially sad when we are talking a lot of people because things do happen so to expect a few to have last minute things happen is fair.

I am sorry to hear this & I hope that, maybe, everyone is running behind schedule. I would try not to take it personally tho. I know it will be hard, but....honestly... most people dont understand how important these walks are.

When there is so much in the media for fundraising for other causes like cancer, parkisons etc....I think people start tuning out what they hear/see until it hits home.

HUGS & walk proudly so it can be known that even without them......you did what you said you would!!!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I am like that with them. Its especially sad when we are talking a lot of people because things do happen so to expect a few to have last minute things happen is fair.
<br />
<br />I am sorry to hear this & I hope that, maybe, everyone is running behind schedule. I would try not to take it personally tho. I know it will be hard, but....honestly... most people dont understand how important these walks are.
<br />
<br />When there is so much in the media for fundraising for other causes like cancer, parkisons etc....I think people start tuning out what they hear/see until it hits home.
<br />
<br />HUGS & walk proudly so it can be known that even without them......you did what you said you would!!!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'd be a bit annoyed if people indicated they'd be there and were no shows. We have similar issues with a few friends/relatives --- each year they talk big indicate they're going to raise money, even sign up for the walk and then are no shows. Okay, if you're unable to make it, fine, don't sign up OR still do some fundraising.

It's frustrating, but what can you do....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'd be a bit annoyed if people indicated they'd be there and were no shows. We have similar issues with a few friends/relatives --- each year they talk big indicate they're going to raise money, even sign up for the walk and then are no shows. Okay, if you're unable to make it, fine, don't sign up OR still do some fundraising.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />It's frustrating, but what can you do....

Sunoanbuki

Turn out was good today. Got to spend a lot of needed time with my two sisters that I don't see very often. Couldn't help but be a little bummed about my friends bailing on me via texts this morning though. It just stings because I'm the type of dude who will bend over backwards for anyone on any given day at any given time and it sucks when you don't get that kind of respect, or love back. Thank you for the kind words and listening. Means a lot.

Sunoanbuki

Turn out was good today. Got to spend a lot of needed time with my two sisters that I don't see very often. Couldn't help but be a little bummed about my friends bailing on me via texts this morning though. It just stings because I'm the type of dude who will bend over backwards for anyone on any given day at any given time and it sucks when you don't get that kind of respect, or love back. Thank you for the kind words and listening. Means a lot.

Sunoanbuki

Sunoanbuki

Sunoanbuki