ABPA--climate

Nicole

My sons's doctor is currently investigating whether he has ABPA. About a year ago we moved to VA after being in CA (5.5 years) and UT (5 mo) briefly. I was wondering if the humid climate vs the dry might be playing a part. Any thoughts?

Nicole

My sons's doctor is currently investigating whether he has ABPA. About a year ago we moved to VA after being in CA (5.5 years) and UT (5 mo) briefly. I was wondering if the humid climate vs the dry might be playing a part. Any thoughts?

Nicole

Treble

I know it does for me. The humidity makes it so I can't even leave the house most of the time. When it's really bad out too, if I try to go out, I'll wind coughing so badly that I'll have lung bleeds until im back home in the AC and get to settle down and nap after some treatments.

Humidity = murder to me :/

Treble

I know it does for me. The humidity makes it so I can't even leave the house most of the time. When it's really bad out too, if I try to go out, I'll wind coughing so badly that I'll have lung bleeds until im back home in the AC and get to settle down and nap after some treatments.

Treble

B

BikerEd

Humidity increases the mositure content of the air in essence reducing the O2 content. So yes it gets to me but I deal with it. The highest would be say the humity just before a storm. Also there would be a differnce between the humity in say Roanke vs Newport News vs NOVA. Best of luck

B

BikerEd

Humidity increases the mositure content of the air in essence reducing the O2 content. So yes it gets to me but I deal with it. The highest would be say the humity just before a storm. Also there would be a differnce between the humity in say Roanke vs Newport News vs NOVA. Best of luck

B

BikerEd

Havoc

It could have an effect, having said that, investigate the house for trouble spots. Aspergillus loves to live in the walls, especially of older homes. I used to rent at a home that was about 80 years old. The owner decided to take out some walls and make the interior more open. It was at that point my PFTs took a dive and I began to wheeze. I was diagnosed with ABPA shortly thereafter. I couch surfed until the modifications were finished. I haven't had a flare-up since and that was almost 4 years ago.

Havoc

It could have an effect, having said that, investigate the house for trouble spots. Aspergillus loves to live in the walls, especially of older homes. I used to rent at a home that was about 80 years old. The owner decided to take out some walls and make the interior more open. It was at that point my PFTs took a dive and I began to wheeze. I was diagnosed with ABPA shortly thereafter. I couch surfed until the modifications were finished. I haven't had a flare-up since and that was almost 4 years ago.

Havoc

Nicole

Thanks for the replies.

How do I investigate the house for mold? There is none visable to me. It is a newer house-- only about two years old. We are military so it is government housing.

Nicole

Thanks for the replies.

How do I investigate the house for mold? There is none visable to me. It is a newer house-- only about two years old. We are military so it is government housing.

Nicole

Thanks for the replies.

Havoc

Nicole,

You're probably in better shape than a lot of us, considering that your house is that new. Trouble spots to keep an eye on include:

Behind appliances like the fridge, behind or under sinks, basements (especially those that have been converted to a living space or game room), showers, laundry area, and any wall that houses plumbing.

Havoc

Nicole,

You're probably in better shape than a lot of us, considering that your house is that new. Trouble spots to keep an eye on include:

Behind appliances like the fridge, behind or under sinks, basements (especially those that have been converted to a living space or game room), showers, laundry area, and any wall that houses plumbing.

Havoc

Nicole,