Abpa

LookingforPeace

Hi Everyone,

(I tried to start a thread but [think] it wasn't posted properly?)

I am just trying to find some information regarding ABPA and prednisone/sporanox (itraconazole) and your experiences with this treatment. Was it successful? Were you able to stop the drugs? Are you still on the drugs? Etc etc...

Thanks for your help!

Vaultboy

Hi, i was diagnosed with a pretty nasty Abpa in july. Since then im treated with the exact meds you mentioned.
Im currently on 12,5 mg prednisone an 200 mg itraconazole ( was much higher in the beginning). The igE markers are goin down pretty well and my pfts improved significant too but i guess it will still take some time until im completely off the meds. Fortunately i have to say that i dont really feel any sideeffects, so it doesnt bother me too much.

LookingforPeace

What is your treatment plan? Are they planning on keeping you on the itraconazol and off the prednisone? Do you live in the states? The treatment regimen differs around the globe.

I've been on itraconazole for 5 years. Not necessarily because I need it. The ABPA came back twice after my first treatment. I've been too scared to get off the drugs. I've been off prednisone for 5 years. The itraconazole is doing its job. But I'd like to have kids so I want to get off...

I wonder if anyone will be able to offer some insight...

Vaultboy

Hi, the plan is the get of the prednisone slowly and to keep staying on itraconazole. (im not sure for how long, they were taking about a few months) i live in austria by the way. May i ask what dosage of itraconazole you get? They put me on a very low dosage because my liver enzymes skyrocketed at the beginning of the treatment.