Acapella choice

nocode

Hi everybody. My question regards acapella choice. I used to do psysiotherapy for years , as my doctors have always told me to.. (the breathing exercices) but then, i went to live abroad for a year and there the doctors gave this acapella choice (which id never seen im my country of origin) and they said that as long as i felt that it was doing the same thing ("getting it out") then there would be no need of doing my pshysiotherapy. Obviously that turned out to be great for me cause its a lot easier to do the acapella and i actually feel like i get the same results. For those out there who know this device(acapella) id apreciate your advice on this... physiotherapy vs acapella. thanks

nocode

Hi everybody. My question regards acapella choice. I used to do psysiotherapy for years , as my doctors have always told me to.. (the breathing exercices) but then, i went to live abroad for a year and there the doctors gave this acapella choice (which id never seen im my country of origin) and they said that as long as i felt that it was doing the same thing ("getting it out") then there would be no need of doing my pshysiotherapy. Obviously that turned out to be great for me cause its a lot easier to do the acapella and i actually feel like i get the same results. For those out there who know this device(acapella) id apreciate your advice on this... physiotherapy vs acapella. thanks

nocode

I took this explanation from one website where they sell acapella, have a look:
Vibratory device prevents collapse of airways, enhances movement of secretions to larger airways, and filling of collapsed alveoli. Vibration provides percussive effect disengaging mucus from airway walls, pulsation of mucus toward larger airways, reduces visco-elasticity of mucus.
And here's a picture:
http://www.kinessonne.com/boutique/images_produits/8337_5.jpg

nocode

I took this explanation from one website where they sell acapella, have a look:
Vibratory device prevents collapse of airways, enhances movement of secretions to larger airways, and filling of collapsed alveoli. Vibration provides percussive effect disengaging mucus from airway walls, pulsation of mucus toward larger airways, reduces visco-elasticity of mucus.
And here's a picture:
http://www.kinessonne.com/boutique/images_produits/8337_5.jpg

abloedel

I just when in for an RT appt to try out the vest (which I hated), but was told that if I SOLELY use the acapella as my means of clearing mucus, then I must do at least twice a day for 15 minutes. If I use it in conjunction with another method (i.e. the vest, manual CPT, etc), then I only need to use it twice a day for 5 minutes.

I find that as long as I'm not "sick", the acapella alone is fine. But, when I'm "sick", I do need an extra boost in helping to clear out my lungs, so I'll use a secondary method at that point.

abloedel

I just when in for an RT appt to try out the vest (which I hated), but was told that if I SOLELY use the acapella as my means of clearing mucus, then I must do at least twice a day for 15 minutes. If I use it in conjunction with another method (i.e. the vest, manual CPT, etc), then I only need to use it twice a day for 5 minutes.

I find that as long as I'm not "sick", the acapella alone is fine. But, when I'm "sick", I do need an extra boost in helping to clear out my lungs, so I'll use a secondary method at that point.

shinkdew

I only use the acapella, I use it for 20 minutes twice a day, sometimes three times. For me it works better than manual CPT and is much more convenient.

shinkdew

I only use the acapella, I use it for 20 minutes twice a day, sometimes three times. For me it works better than manual CPT and is much more convenient.

thelizardqueen

I use something called the "flutter". I use it on my good days, but when I'm sick I still do physio. My docs said I could easily get away with only using the flutter, but I find I stay clearer with actually physio once and awhile.

thelizardqueen

I use something called the "flutter". I use it on my good days, but when I'm sick I still do physio. My docs said I could easily get away with only using the flutter, but I find I stay clearer with actually physio once and awhile.

Faust

So the acapella uses some form of accoustical vibration in the air within your lungs to help get the goo out?

/curious

Faust

So the acapella uses some form of accoustical vibration in the air within your lungs to help get the goo out?

/curious

anonymous

Jim and Liz, I have been using the vest and flutter. My fev1 is getting quite low and find the flutter harder to use.
What is you fev1?

anonymous

Jim and Liz, I have been using the vest and flutter. My fev1 is getting quite low and find the flutter harder to use.
What is you fev1?

thelizardqueen

You know, I'm not sure what mine is - its been about 6 months since I've done pfts, and 3 months since I've been to clinic. I'll have to let you know when I go back this week.

thelizardqueen

You know, I'm not sure what mine is - its been about 6 months since I've done pfts, and 3 months since I've been to clinic. I'll have to let you know when I go back this week.