Acapella Cleaning and Sterilizing

B

brewz2

Thank you for the info on CF bugs - I finally just broke down and called the clinic, and the RT told me to sterilize the acapella, just soak it in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes - but she said to make sure you wash it with warm soapy water first.

B

brewz2

Thank you for the info on CF bugs - I finally just broke down and called the clinic, and the RT told me to sterilize the acapella, just soak it in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes - but she said to make sure you wash it with warm soapy water first.

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

<br />

robertsmith1390

im also and rt and have a brother and sister with cf. i personally make sure my mom boils it for 20 mintues (based on my research 5 to 10 should be enough though) after every use, i think boiling is a much better method of sterilization than hydrogen peroxide. i know boiling every time sounds like a lot..but the acapella has condenstation on it after each use and that moisture is a good place for bacteria to grow.

robertsmith1390

im also and rt and have a brother and sister with cf. i personally make sure my mom boils it for 20 mintues (based on my research 5 to 10 should be enough though) after every use, i think boiling is a much better method of sterilization than hydrogen peroxide. i know boiling every time sounds like a lot..but the acapella has condenstation on it after each use and that moisture is a good place for bacteria to grow.

robertsmith1390

robertsmith1390

robertsmith1390