Acapella does it work

LouLou

Hi Jeana, I don't have any advice for you but I wanted to tell you I'm thinking of you and your family. Sounds like a difficult time - it will get easier. Just stick with it and keep your chin up. I'm hoping you have an out-of-pocket max or coinsurance max that won't make the 40% as bad as it seems. Mine is $2500 in network, $5K out.

imported_Momto2

Jeana, Sorry to hear of your current situation. I would strong suggest nebulizing while on a treatmill, or nebulizing and then swimming laps as fast as you can tolerate. Both types of exercise will really clean you out. I do that instead of any airway clearance device and not only do I get better lungs, but a healither and more toned body overall. Good luck! I am sure you will find your own strategy that works, just dont give up!!!! If you are still in the hospital, they should have bikes or treadmills availible. If not, walk up and down stairs and get yourself winded and coughing to clear the crap out . Blessings : )

imported_Momto2

Jeana, Sorry to hear of your current situation. I would strong suggest nebulizing while on a treatmill, or nebulizing and then swimming laps as fast as you can tolerate. Both types of exercise will really clean you out. I do that instead of any airway clearance device and not only do I get better lungs, but a healither and more toned body overall. Good luck! I am sure you will find your own strategy that works, just dont give up!!!! If you are still in the hospital, they should have bikes or treadmills availible. If not, walk up and down stairs and get yourself winded and coughing to clear the crap out . Blessings : )

imported_Momto2

L

lizlas

<blockquote class="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;"><div style="text-align: justify;"><br></div></blockquote>

L

lizlas

<blockquote class="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;"><div style="text-align: justify;"><br></blockquote>

L

lizlas

<blockquote class="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;"><div style="text-align: justify;"><br></blockquote>

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Jeana,

I'm so sorry to hear of your rough time. Ugh. I completely understand you trying to cut out the CPT. It is always the biggest part of my hospital bill. On the detailed bill it is $240 each session, so $240 four times a day. I don't have any experience with the acapella so I can't help you there. However, I would second what MsPeliAmour posted about checking with your hospital in regards to your bill. My hospital has a similar program and will grant financial assistance based on income. I know you're a teacher and your husband works as well, so not sure if this is an option for you or not. I'm sure each hospital has it's own income guidelines so it might be worth checking.

The other thing I wanted to ask was if the RTs leave a percussor in your room? At my hospital the percussor is left in my room for the entire stay to help avoid cross-contamination. They used to wheel one room to room for each patient (yuck). Anyway, if my husband/mom/dad/whoever is there with me I sometimes have them do the treatment as opposed to the RTs. The RTs have no problem with this and just bring in my nebs and then leave for us to finish the CPT. For each treatment we do ourselves we are not billed. I don't know how often you have visitors but this may be another option to at least get some CPT.

Also, do you use a vest at home? You could always bring your vest, as someone mentioned previously. (Sorry if you are already doing this and looking to use the acapella in addition).

Goodluck to you and let us know how you are doing!

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Jeana,

I'm so sorry to hear of your rough time. Ugh. I completely understand you trying to cut out the CPT. It is always the biggest part of my hospital bill. On the detailed bill it is $240 each session, so $240 four times a day. I don't have any experience with the acapella so I can't help you there. However, I would second what MsPeliAmour posted about checking with your hospital in regards to your bill. My hospital has a similar program and will grant financial assistance based on income. I know you're a teacher and your husband works as well, so not sure if this is an option for you or not. I'm sure each hospital has it's own income guidelines so it might be worth checking.

The other thing I wanted to ask was if the RTs leave a percussor in your room? At my hospital the percussor is left in my room for the entire stay to help avoid cross-contamination. They used to wheel one room to room for each patient (yuck). Anyway, if my husband/mom/dad/whoever is there with me I sometimes have them do the treatment as opposed to the RTs. The RTs have no problem with this and just bring in my nebs and then leave for us to finish the CPT. For each treatment we do ourselves we are not billed. I don't know how often you have visitors but this may be another option to at least get some CPT.

Also, do you use a vest at home? You could always bring your vest, as someone mentioned previously. (Sorry if you are already doing this and looking to use the acapella in addition).

Goodluck to you and let us know how you are doing!

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Jeana,
<br />
<br />I'm so sorry to hear of your rough time. Ugh. I completely understand you trying to cut out the CPT. It is always the biggest part of my hospital bill. On the detailed bill it is $240 each session, so $240 four times a day. I don't have any experience with the acapella so I can't help you there. However, I would second what MsPeliAmour posted about checking with your hospital in regards to your bill. My hospital has a similar program and will grant financial assistance based on income. I know you're a teacher and your husband works as well, so not sure if this is an option for you or not. I'm sure each hospital has it's own income guidelines so it might be worth checking.
<br />
<br />
<br />The other thing I wanted to ask was if the RTs leave a percussor in your room? At my hospital the percussor is left in my room for the entire stay to help avoid cross-contamination. They used to wheel one room to room for each patient (yuck). Anyway, if my husband/mom/dad/whoever is there with me I sometimes have them do the treatment as opposed to the RTs. The RTs have no problem with this and just bring in my nebs and then leave for us to finish the CPT. For each treatment we do ourselves we are not billed. I don't know how often you have visitors but this may be another option to at least get some CPT.
<br />
<br />Also, do you use a vest at home? You could always bring your vest, as someone mentioned previously. (Sorry if you are already doing this and looking to use the acapella in addition).
<br />
<br />Goodluck to you and let us know how you are doing!
<br />

Madsmith

I used the acapella with little success before getting my vest. Then I just used my vest for years. In the last few months as my PFTs have dropped I brought the acapella back into rotation after doing my vest - and I have been very pleased. It gets the junk out that the vest shakes around. Persistance and compliance is tough if that's your only airway clearance, but I'd say give it a shot!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Madsmith

I used the acapella with little success before getting my vest. Then I just used my vest for years. In the last few months as my PFTs have dropped I brought the acapella back into rotation after doing my vest - and I have been very pleased. It gets the junk out that the vest shakes around. Persistance and compliance is tough if that's your only airway clearance, but I'd say give it a shot!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Madsmith

<br />
<br />Hope you're feeling better soon!