Acapella

melx

I am using the Acapella and follow the suggestions to wash the mouthpiece and dry upside down, on the end where the the mouthpiece goes. But, most the time, when I look inside the acapella, I notice that it has little droplets and has not dried out. Anyone else have this happen? And how do you clean and / or dry it. I'm worried that stuff can begin to grow in there since it is a moist environment.

melx

I am using the Acapella and follow the suggestions to wash the mouthpiece and dry upside down, on the end where the the mouthpiece goes. But, most the time, when I look inside the acapella, I notice that it has little droplets and has not dried out. Anyone else have this happen? And how do you clean and / or dry it. I'm worried that stuff can begin to grow in there since it is a moist environment.

melx

melx

melx

Cerulean

I'm not sure, but let me know what you find out. I just got an acupella last dr visit and I am embarassed to say I don't clean it. The respiratory therapist told me to wash it with soap and water and then dunk it in a vinegar/water solution for 10+ minutes. I looked at her with my mouth agape. I let my dishes sit for days before doing them and to do this every time I use it is just unrealistic for me. I need something simple in order for me to follow through. I'm not sure, but I think it'll handle boiling water, so for me that may be an option since all I'd have to do is plunk it in a pot and retrieve it after 10 min. I still have to find out if it indeed can handle the heat.

Cerulean

I'm not sure, but let me know what you find out. I just got an acupella last dr visit and I am embarassed to say I don't clean it. The respiratory therapist told me to wash it with soap and water and then dunk it in a vinegar/water solution for 10+ minutes. I looked at her with my mouth agape. I let my dishes sit for days before doing them and to do this every time I use it is just unrealistic for me. I need something simple in order for me to follow through. I'm not sure, but I think it'll handle boiling water, so for me that may be an option since all I'd have to do is plunk it in a pot and retrieve it after 10 min. I still have to find out if it indeed can handle the heat.

Cerulean

Cerulean

Cerulean

hmw

If your Acappela is like Emily's, it can be taken apart to be cleaned and will dry out completely that way. It can come apart into a couple pieces once you take the mouthpiece off; it's hinged and the piece in the middle pops out. I take Emily's apart, wash the pieces in hot soapy water and then stick it in the steam sterilizer I also use for nebs- very easy for us. (It is boilable, too, if that is easier.)

It should come with a paper showing how to dissemble and put it back together with the packaging, or ask the resp. therapist that gave it to you. I wouldn't want to use one either that stays wet all the time and/or that couldn't be taken apart.

hmw

If your Acappela is like Emily's, it can be taken apart to be cleaned and will dry out completely that way. It can come apart into a couple pieces once you take the mouthpiece off; it's hinged and the piece in the middle pops out. I take Emily's apart, wash the pieces in hot soapy water and then stick it in the steam sterilizer I also use for nebs- very easy for us. (It is boilable, too, if that is easier.)

It should come with a paper showing how to dissemble and put it back together with the packaging, or ask the resp. therapist that gave it to you. I wouldn't want to use one either that stays wet all the time and/or that couldn't be taken apart.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />It should come with a paper showing how to dissemble and put it back together with the packaging, or ask the resp. therapist that gave it to you. I wouldn't want to use one either that stays wet all the time and/or that couldn't be taken apart.

Nightwriter

For CF patients, you are both right. It is has to be disinfected and dried every day. Make sure you have the Acapella CHOICE. It comes apart and you can boil it. I use a baby bottle sterilizer (the Avent IQ) to disinfect mine (following hot soapy water to clean it) along with mu nebulizers. While there is no testing that this is a proven disinfecting method -- some clinics are recommending this as a disinfecting method for nebulizers. And I know steam is an effective method. Otherwise, you can boil it in a pot of water with a rolling boil of 5 minutes just like you do with nebulizers.

Nightwriter

For CF patients, you are both right. It is has to be disinfected and dried every day. Make sure you have the Acapella CHOICE. It comes apart and you can boil it. I use a baby bottle sterilizer (the Avent IQ) to disinfect mine (following hot soapy water to clean it) along with mu nebulizers. While there is no testing that this is a proven disinfecting method -- some clinics are recommending this as a disinfecting method for nebulizers. And I know steam is an effective method. Otherwise, you can boil it in a pot of water with a rolling boil of 5 minutes just like you do with nebulizers.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter