Accountability Partner

J

jessykt

Sooo...I HATE doing my treatments and I HATE to exercise.  I'm trying to come up with ways to get me motivated.  First off, I moved my neb next to my laptop so I can do both things at once (it was by the tv, but I spend more time on the computer than watching tv).  I'm doing my second set of nebs right now--HOORAY!<br><br>I know it won't last long, especially with a difficult 3 weeks coming up with a temporary full time position at a greenhouse (and I'm not used to working).  Add cooking, cleaning, a 12 year old with homework and family time, and I don't know if I can pull it all together.<br><br>Anyway, I am wondering if there are any of you who are in the same boat?  Slacker! : )<br><br>I guess if there is someone (or multiple people) who want to compare our goals and days and hold each other accountable for doing treatments/exercising/eating.  It's like having a gym buddy.<br><br>I don't know exactly how to accomplish this, so if anyone has ideas, please let me know.  And if you have any ideas on motivation, please let me in on the secret!<br><br>Thanks so much,<br><br>Jessy<br>

J

jessykt

Sooo...I HATE doing my treatments and I HATE to exercise. I'm trying to come up with ways to get me motivated. First off, I moved my neb next to my laptop so I can do both things at once (it was by the tv, but I spend more time on the computer than watching tv). I'm doing my second set of nebs right now--HOORAY!<br><br>I know it won't last long, especially with a difficult 3 weeks coming up with a temporary full time position at a greenhouse (and I'm not used to working). Add cooking, cleaning, a 12 year old with homework and family time, and I don't know if I can pull it all together.<br><br>Anyway, I am wondering if there are any of you who are in the same boat? Slacker! : )<br><br>I guess if there is someone (or multiple people) who want to compare our goals and days and hold each other accountable for doing treatments/exercising/eating. It's like having a gym buddy.<br><br>I don't know exactly how to accomplish this, so if anyone has ideas, please let me know. And if you have any ideas on motivation, please let me in on the secret!<br><br>Thanks so much,<br><br>Jessy<br>

J

jessykt

Sooo...I HATE doing my treatments and I HATE to exercise. I'm trying to come up with ways to get me motivated. First off, I moved my neb next to my laptop so I can do both things at once (it was by the tv, but I spend more time on the computer than watching tv). I'm doing my second set of nebs right now--HOORAY!<br><br>I know it won't last long, especially with a difficult 3 weeks coming up with a temporary full time position at a greenhouse (and I'm not used to working). Add cooking, cleaning, a 12 year old with homework and family time, and I don't know if I can pull it all together.<br><br>Anyway, I am wondering if there are any of you who are in the same boat? Slacker! : )<br><br>I guess if there is someone (or multiple people) who want to compare our goals and days and hold each other accountable for doing treatments/exercising/eating. It's like having a gym buddy.<br><br>I don't know exactly how to accomplish this, so if anyone has ideas, please let me know. And if you have any ideas on motivation, please let me in on the secret!<br><br>Thanks so much,<br><br>Jessy<br>

mamerth

I am a goal oriented person. I look at each treatment as one more step towards my goal (each 3 months I tweak my goal based on what my respiratory therapist says after doing lung function test).

I too hate exercising. I was into it as a teenager and in college but now that I have so many other responsibilities (and distractions) I just can't get exercising.

mamerth

I am a goal oriented person. I look at each treatment as one more step towards my goal (each 3 months I tweak my goal based on what my respiratory therapist says after doing lung function test).

I too hate exercising. I was into it as a teenager and in college but now that I have so many other responsibilities (and distractions) I just can't get exercising.

mamerth

<br />
<br />I too hate exercising. I was into it as a teenager and in college but now that I have so many other responsibilities (and distractions) I just can't get exercising.

JenWren

Ok!!! Now your talking my story. I was great at staying active earlier on in my life and during college. Pain!! has stopped me and my focus is different. I want so badly to get back into it but my lungs, and other pain just keep from it. I do floor exercise everyday just cause it helps me feel better. I know in the long run , not exercising is going to really do me in. When we become sedentary we are only making things worse for ourselves down the line. I just want to get on the stationary bike and ride for 10 freakin min but Life gets in the way. So all I can say is I understand, but try to think about the life distance you want to go. If you don't stay limber and get your heartrate up a little then they will just get weaker in time. We don't need anything working against us, that we bring on ourselves if we can help it. Hope this didn't sound too much like a lecture it's just that I'm living proof . My heart and my body hurt all the time and anything cardiovascular in nature (including getting dressed and undressed) becomes much harder for me. So now I have made my illness much worse it seems.
JenWren 51yr CF CRD,
Don't you love that we can share these things with those who know.

JenWren

Ok!!! Now your talking my story. I was great at staying active earlier on in my life and during college. Pain!! has stopped me and my focus is different. I want so badly to get back into it but my lungs, and other pain just keep from it. I do floor exercise everyday just cause it helps me feel better. I know in the long run , not exercising is going to really do me in. When we become sedentary we are only making things worse for ourselves down the line. I just want to get on the stationary bike and ride for 10 freakin min but Life gets in the way. So all I can say is I understand, but try to think about the life distance you want to go. If you don't stay limber and get your heartrate up a little then they will just get weaker in time. We don't need anything working against us, that we bring on ourselves if we can help it. Hope this didn't sound too much like a lecture it's just that I'm living proof . My heart and my body hurt all the time and anything cardiovascular in nature (including getting dressed and undressed) becomes much harder for me. So now I have made my illness much worse it seems.
JenWren 51yr CF CRD,
Don't you love that we can share these things with those who know.

JenWren

<br /> JenWren 51yr CF CRD,
<br />Don't you love that we can share these things with those who know.
<br />