Acid Reflux

Kristen

I used wake up in the middle of the night really wanting my albuterol. The CF doctor I saw the year I lived in Boston (about 6 years ago) said this is caused by acid reflux, and she put me on prilosec. It helped, but not completely. I still wake up in the morning really wanting my albuterol, although it rarely wakes me in the night anymore. I want to get this under control. I am currently taking 40 mg of prilosec before bed. Sometimes I also chew a few Rolaids before bed, and that seems to help a little, but not always.

Is there anything else I could do to help? Any other meds I should ask my doctor about? Has anyone tried a wedge pillow? (I use like 3 pillows right now.)

Kristen

I used wake up in the middle of the night really wanting my albuterol. The CF doctor I saw the year I lived in Boston (about 6 years ago) said this is caused by acid reflux, and she put me on prilosec. It helped, but not completely. I still wake up in the morning really wanting my albuterol, although it rarely wakes me in the night anymore. I want to get this under control. I am currently taking 40 mg of prilosec before bed. Sometimes I also chew a few Rolaids before bed, and that seems to help a little, but not always.

Is there anything else I could do to help? Any other meds I should ask my doctor about? Has anyone tried a wedge pillow? (I use like 3 pillows right now.)

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />Is there anything else I could do to help? Any other meds I should ask my doctor about? Has anyone tried a wedge pillow? (I use like 3 pillows right now.)

jbrandonAW

It sounds like reflux to me too. I found that nexium worked better than prilosec. I also found that drinking a glass of milk and swishing a few pills helps too.

jbrandonAW

It sounds like reflux to me too. I found that nexium worked better than prilosec. I also found that drinking a glass of milk and swishing a few pills helps too.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

JennifersHope

I have really bad reflux, I take a PPI and a H2 inhibitor as well, both work differently.. I also drink milk at night and take tums... I sleep sitting in a semi sitting position which helps a lot..

Good luck

JennifersHope

I have really bad reflux, I take a PPI and a H2 inhibitor as well, both work differently.. I also drink milk at night and take tums... I sleep sitting in a semi sitting position which helps a lot..

Good luck

JennifersHope

Good luck

JennifersHope

Good luck

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />Good luck

JazzysMom

I have noticed this the last few days. Besides the Nexium, I put something small into my stomach. Milk, pretzels, anything pretty much, but nothing big or heavy.

This seems to work for me. I hope there is an easy solution for you!

JazzysMom

I have noticed this the last few days. Besides the Nexium, I put something small into my stomach. Milk, pretzels, anything pretty much, but nothing big or heavy.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />This seems to work for me. I hope there is an easy solution for you!