actigall

ajb900

My daughter was diagnosed at 2 weeks of age. She was born with a meconium ileus. We were seen by multiple doctors because we were in the NICU for a month. A Peds GI doc put her on actigall and I still can't figure out why. Is anyone else on this or has anyone heard of another CF baby on it? I don't want my daughter on any unnecessary meds, but if she needs than I want her on it. I just can't find any information anywhere about CF and this drug. We are going to this this Peds GI doctor tomorrow (hopefully for the last time)and I want some info before I go. Thanks!

ajb900

My daughter was diagnosed at 2 weeks of age. She was born with a meconium ileus. We were seen by multiple doctors because we were in the NICU for a month. A Peds GI doc put her on actigall and I still can't figure out why. Is anyone else on this or has anyone heard of another CF baby on it? I don't want my daughter on any unnecessary meds, but if she needs than I want her on it. I just can't find any information anywhere about CF and this drug. We are going to this this Peds GI doctor tomorrow (hopefully for the last time)and I want some info before I go. Thanks!

ajb900

ajb900

ajb900

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Bile Salts... Actigall... DS was put on it in the NICU because of elevated liver enzyme levels. He also had meconium ileus, bowel obstruction... His doctor continues to have him on it to keep his liver and gallbladder healthy. Apparently there can also be issues not only with the liver, but when they're older with the gallbladder, gall stones, etc.

Sometimes it seems like they're on a lot of meds and with each additional one it seems a bit overwhelming, but I figure whatever it takes to keep DS healthy.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Bile Salts... Actigall... DS was put on it in the NICU because of elevated liver enzyme levels. He also had meconium ileus, bowel obstruction... His doctor continues to have him on it to keep his liver and gallbladder healthy. Apparently there can also be issues not only with the liver, but when they're older with the gallbladder, gall stones, etc.

Sometimes it seems like they're on a lot of meds and with each additional one it seems a bit overwhelming, but I figure whatever it takes to keep DS healthy.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Sometimes it seems like they're on a lot of meds and with each additional one it seems a bit overwhelming, but I figure whatever it takes to keep DS healthy.

ajb900

So, I guess I need to find out if her liver enzymes were elevated. When you're in the NICU that long, its hard to remember what everyone tells you. Thanks for your reply. At least I know one other CF'er on it!

ajb900

So, I guess I need to find out if her liver enzymes were elevated. When you're in the NICU that long, its hard to remember what everyone tells you. Thanks for your reply. At least I know one other CF'er on it!

ajb900

ajb900

ajb900

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
And despite his liver levels no longer being elevated, which they thought was due to his being on TPN, his doctor wanted to continue it because of potential gall bladder issues.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
And despite his liver levels no longer being elevated, which they thought was due to his being on TPN, his doctor wanted to continue it because of potential gall bladder issues.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member