actigall

maddie256

I have been on it for over ten years now I think- and it helps keep my liver enzymes down. Of course over the years my numbers have elevated but the doctors say they would be worse if I wasn't on it. Just this year they double my dose, but I was on a low dose until then. I also had meconium ileus at birth.
Good luck with your baby, hopefully her liver numbers were not to bad

maddie256

I have been on it for over ten years now I think- and it helps keep my liver enzymes down. Of course over the years my numbers have elevated but the doctors say they would be worse if I wasn't on it. Just this year they double my dose, but I was on a low dose until then. I also had meconium ileus at birth.

maddie256

maddie256

maddie256

<br />Good luck with your baby, hopefully her liver numbers were not to bad

ajb900

We are having her liver enzymes checked tomorrow. So, we're on Actigall until then. We'll see! Thanks

ajb900

We are having her liver enzymes checked tomorrow. So, we're on Actigall until then. We'll see! Thanks

ajb900

ajb900

ajb900

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ajb900</b></i>

When you're in the NICU that long, its hard to remember what everyone tells you.</end quote></div>

I agree, hospital stays can be overwhelming with all the information. Its a lot to remember especially at emotional times. Many of us CF parents keep a journal for medicines, lab results, clinic visits, etc. It is so helpful. You can jot down things being said and sort them out later.

One of my boys has been on actigall for 5 years because of elevated liver numbers. It is pretty common with people who take antibiotics frequently.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

When you're in the NICU that long, its hard to remember what everyone tells you.</end quote></div>

I agree, hospital stays can be overwhelming with all the information. Its a lot to remember especially at emotional times. Many of us CF parents keep a journal for medicines, lab results, clinic visits, etc. It is so helpful. You can jot down things being said and sort them out later.

One of my boys has been on actigall for 5 years because of elevated liver numbers. It is pretty common with people who take antibiotics frequently.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

When you're in the NICU that long, its hard to remember what everyone tells you.</end quote>

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />When you're in the NICU that long, its hard to remember what everyone tells you.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I agree, hospital stays can be overwhelming with all the information. Its a lot to remember especially at emotional times. Many of us CF parents keep a journal for medicines, lab results, clinic visits, etc. It is so helpful. You can jot down things being said and sort them out later.
<br />
<br />One of my boys has been on actigall for 5 years because of elevated liver numbers. It is pretty common with people who take antibiotics frequently.

ashmomo

My daughter has been on Ursodiol, (which I believe is branded for actigall?? cuz her refill I am told will be actigall) since her hospital stay in the nicu also. We had a 2 1/2 month stay in the NICU and yes, there is way too much info to remember everything you are told! She did have miconium illieus and 2 surgerys and was on TPN for quite some time. She is still getting rid of her jaundice slowly but surely. I was hoping to get away from this med since it is 3 times a day, but sounds like people are on it for quite some time from some of these responses. Oh well, whatever keeps them healthy!
If you like to talk, I am interested as your baby is not much older than mine and I am new to alot of these problems as my 4 year old has been quite healthy her whole life thus far. PM me if you want someone to chat with. Sounds like you are dealing with alot of what I am dealing with right now.
Hopefully everything goes/went well at the doc.

ashmomo

My daughter has been on Ursodiol, (which I believe is branded for actigall?? cuz her refill I am told will be actigall) since her hospital stay in the nicu also. We had a 2 1/2 month stay in the NICU and yes, there is way too much info to remember everything you are told! She did have miconium illieus and 2 surgerys and was on TPN for quite some time. She is still getting rid of her jaundice slowly but surely. I was hoping to get away from this med since it is 3 times a day, but sounds like people are on it for quite some time from some of these responses. Oh well, whatever keeps them healthy!
If you like to talk, I am interested as your baby is not much older than mine and I am new to alot of these problems as my 4 year old has been quite healthy her whole life thus far. PM me if you want someone to chat with. Sounds like you are dealing with alot of what I am dealing with right now.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />If you like to talk, I am interested as your baby is not much older than mine and I am new to alot of these problems as my 4 year old has been quite healthy her whole life thus far. PM me if you want someone to chat with. Sounds like you are dealing with alot of what I am dealing with right now.
<br />Hopefully everything goes/went well at the doc.