Activities after Tx

JazzysMom

I know there are limitations for awhile after tx. Some for the general surgery issues (stables, sutures etc) & some for more complex issues.

My ?? is regarding sex~

How long after were you given the clearance or did you not need a clearance? How long after were you even interested LOL?

If given the clearance I would imagine that certain things needed to be avoided!

JazzysMom

I know there are limitations for awhile after tx. Some for the general surgery issues (stables, sutures etc) & some for more complex issues.

My ?? is regarding sex~

How long after were you given the clearance or did you not need a clearance? How long after were you even interested LOL?

If given the clearance I would imagine that certain things needed to be avoided!

JazzysMom

My ?? is regarding sex~

JazzysMom

My ?? is regarding sex~

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />My ?? is regarding sex~
<br />
<br />How long after were you given the clearance or did you not need a clearance? How long after were you even interested LOL?
<br />
<br />If given the clearance I would imagine that certain things needed to be avoided!

NYCLawGirl

from the columbia lung tx handbook:

"Doctors usually recommend waiting 4 to 6 weeks after surgery to begin sexual intercourse. This period gives you and your partner time to share your concerns and feelings, and permits the resumption of your sexual relationship in a slow and relaxed manner. The key to to resuming a satisfactory sexual relationship is to talk with your partner in a tender, warm, and affectionate manner. If you do not have a steady partner, it is essential to use condoms to reduce the risk of STDs."

there's a lot more (2 whole pages) on sexuality and life after tx, including info on reducing sexual side effects of drugs, UTIs for women, pregnancy, etc. if you get listed at the center, you'll be given the handbook automatically, and i'm guessing most other centers have a similar manual for patients.

NYCLawGirl

"Doctors usually recommend waiting 4 to 6 weeks after surgery to begin sexual intercourse. This period gives you and your partner time to share your concerns and feelings, and permits the resumption of your sexual relationship in a slow and relaxed manner. The key to to resuming a satisfactory sexual relationship is to talk with your partner in a tender, warm, and affectionate manner. If you do not have a steady partner, it is essential to use condoms to reduce the risk of STDs."

there's a lot more (2 whole pages) on sexuality and life after tx, including info on reducing sexual side effects of drugs, UTIs for women, pregnancy, etc. if you get listed at the center, you'll be given the handbook automatically, and i'm guessing most other centers have a similar manual for patients.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />"Doctors usually recommend waiting 4 to 6 weeks after surgery to begin sexual intercourse. This period gives you and your partner time to share your concerns and feelings, and permits the resumption of your sexual relationship in a slow and relaxed manner. The key to to resuming a satisfactory sexual relationship is to talk with your partner in a tender, warm, and affectionate manner. If you do not have a steady partner, it is essential to use condoms to reduce the risk of STDs."
<br />
<br />there's a lot more (2 whole pages) on sexuality and life after tx, including info on reducing sexual side effects of drugs, UTIs for women, pregnancy, etc. if you get listed at the center, you'll be given the handbook automatically, and i'm guessing most other centers have a similar manual for patients.

summer732

Exercise caution right after transplant obviously. I'm far enough out that in my experience things have just gotten better and there are no limitations to anything that I have found.

summer732

Exercise caution right after transplant obviously. I'm far enough out that in my experience things have just gotten better and there are no limitations to anything that I have found.

summer732

summer732

summer732

coltsfan715

I think I waited about 4 weeks before I was to a point that I just wanted it I never asked I just figured if I felt pain I would stop. I didn't feel pain so things were fine I suppose.

I would say just not to have someone directly on top of you just for comfort reasons may be uncomfortable. Also so long as you hubby knows that you may need assistance because you will likely still be weak from the procedure and things like that for a little while.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I think I waited about 4 weeks before I was to a point that I just wanted it I never asked I just figured if I felt pain I would stop. I didn't feel pain so things were fine I suppose.

I would say just not to have someone directly on top of you just for comfort reasons may be uncomfortable. Also so long as you hubby knows that you may need assistance because you will likely still be weak from the procedure and things like that for a little while.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I would say just not to have someone directly on top of you just for comfort reasons may be uncomfortable. Also so long as you hubby knows that you may need assistance because you will likely still be weak from the procedure and things like that for a little while.
<br />
<br />Lindsey