Additional risk of CF kids playing with other CF kids?

LouLou

I never played with other cf kids and I'm a well adjusted, mainstream adult. I never wished I could be with cf people because I considered myself like none cf people and could relate just fine with them. I'm sure it depends some on how greatly you are effected at a young age. For me I did my treatments and meds but otherwise carried on like a healthy child. It really isn't necessary IMHO and definitely not worth the risks.

LouLou

I never played with other cf kids and I'm a well adjusted, mainstream adult. I never wished I could be with cf people because I considered myself like none cf people and could relate just fine with them. I'm sure it depends some on how greatly you are effected at a young age. For me I did my treatments and meds but otherwise carried on like a healthy child. It really isn't necessary IMHO and definitely not worth the risks.

LouLou

littletally

Okay I know I'm going to hear it but I went to camp for kids with CF when I was little. I did it two years in a row. I thought that was the best thing ever! It was so nice to know that there were other kids like me that would have their good days and bad days. I know that the camp has been shut down due to cross contamination but you know what?! If you ask me I'm more at risk every single day I work at getting sick than I ever was at camp. We can't live in a bubble but there is a point that you don't want to purposefully surround yourself with anything that would make you sick. But in my experience I get sick when people around me are sick, that's when I have my flare ups. I know there are people who are just sicker that's why cf has different moderations (ex. mild, moderate, and such). I think if healthy cf kids play together it doesn't hurt anyone. Some normall non cf kids are more sick than cf kids. It's all a game of roulette if you ask me. Sorry if I ticked some people off.
Nikki
27/f/cf

littletally

Okay I know I'm going to hear it but I went to camp for kids with CF when I was little. I did it two years in a row. I thought that was the best thing ever! It was so nice to know that there were other kids like me that would have their good days and bad days. I know that the camp has been shut down due to cross contamination but you know what?! If you ask me I'm more at risk every single day I work at getting sick than I ever was at camp. We can't live in a bubble but there is a point that you don't want to purposefully surround yourself with anything that would make you sick. But in my experience I get sick when people around me are sick, that's when I have my flare ups. I know there are people who are just sicker that's why cf has different moderations (ex. mild, moderate, and such). I think if healthy cf kids play together it doesn't hurt anyone. Some normall non cf kids are more sick than cf kids. It's all a game of roulette if you ask me. Sorry if I ticked some people off.
Nikki
27/f/cf

littletally

Nikki
27/f/cf