ADEKs vs. AquADEKs

I had a scary episode today that I think was related to the AquADEKs.

I ate my breakfast of Kashi cereal with milk at about 10 am. With that I took my zithromax, enzymes and the two AquADEK. I just recieved a bottle of it yesterday as a free sample so it was my second time taking it (first was last night).
At about 12 pm I was sitting at the table having coffee and reading a book when all of a sudden I felt nauseas. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I bent over the toilet to try and throw up I immediately got very hot. I looked in the mirror and I was all red from the chest up. I then started getting what looked like a rash on my whole body. All of this was within a minute of me first feeling nauseas. I was at home alone and I was afraid my throat would close up. I took 2 benadryl and within a half hour everything was gone.

Since the only thing I did differently was take the AquADEK I looked at the label and saw that there was Niacin in it. Niacin's side effects are exactly what I experienced!!

I never experienced it before when I was taking the regular ADEKs. I've looked online to see if they contained Niacin, but I only see info on AquADEKS. Does anyone have a bottle of the old ones? If so, could you look at the ingredients and tell me if Niacin is in it?

For now, I will just take one in the morning and one at night instead of 2 in the morning and see if that helps.

I ate my breakfast of Kashi cereal with milk at about 10 am. With that I took my zithromax, enzymes and the two AquADEK. I just recieved a bottle of it yesterday as a free sample so it was my second time taking it (first was last night).
At about 12 pm I was sitting at the table having coffee and reading a book when all of a sudden I felt nauseas. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I bent over the toilet to try and throw up I immediately got very hot. I looked in the mirror and I was all red from the chest up. I then started getting what looked like a rash on my whole body. All of this was within a minute of me first feeling nauseas. I was at home alone and I was afraid my throat would close up. I took 2 benadryl and within a half hour everything was gone.

Since the only thing I did differently was take the AquADEK I looked at the label and saw that there was Niacin in it. Niacin's side effects are exactly what I experienced!!

I never experienced it before when I was taking the regular ADEKs. I've looked online to see if they contained Niacin, but I only see info on AquADEKS. Does anyone have a bottle of the old ones? If so, could you look at the ingredients and tell me if Niacin is in it?

For now, I will just take one in the morning and one at night instead of 2 in the morning and see if that helps.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently they're reformulating it because some people are having similar issues. DS hasn't had problems with it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently they're reformulating it because some people are having similar issues. DS hasn't had problems with it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member