Advice some food for my 6 months old cf daughter

breesgrammy

my grandaughter just turned 5 a huge thing for her was the yogurt, she absolutely loved it, and it don't hurt to give things a try to see what she likes... I now have a 4 month old grandaughter also and she is starting some yougurt she loves it, both my grandaughters have CF and were diagnosed right after birth.... they are very healthy and have a good weight gain....

Helenlight

Hi,

Our daughter is almost 8 months now, DDF508, pancreatic insufficient. She is making good weight gain (docs say better than expected!) and is currently around 7.5kgs. I'm feeding her breast milk first (her favourite, and has excellent calories, overall nutrition and easy to digest). Additional to this she loves tasting different foods- any fruit or mashed up vegetables, and sometimes meats too.
After doing a lot of research I have formulated a drink for her that is in a base of rice milk and includes coconut milk or coconut cream, avocado, spirulina and a pinch of salt. You could also use nut milks as a base. This is very nutrient dense, has lots of calories and is easily digestible. Our family has multiple problems with dairy including excess mucus production, so I'm not introducing it to our daughter at this stage.
I think to get her most interested t is good to let her 'play' with food and not be too forceful with it.
Good luck :)

ForeverDance

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sweetninis</b></i> @forever dance I see my daughter and your baby have same mutations and are almost same age how much weight your baby has right now? My girl is 7 months and 15 days old and she is 4.5 kg right now.</end quote>

Sorry I didn't see this reply until just now. I can't remember exactly how much she weighed at that age but at her last clinic visit she was 9 months 3 days and weighed 8.47 kg. How have things been going for your baby?