Aerosolized Vancomycin.....Anybody have side effects like tight chest...???

atwnsw

I have been experiencing a tight chest and feel like I am trapping air.

Just curious if anybody has had these side effects associated with aerosolized vancomycin?

Thanks in advance

atwnsw

Just curious if anybody has had these side effects associated with aerosolized vancomycin?

Thanks in advance

atwnsw

Thanks in advance

atwnsw

Thanks in advance

atwnsw

<br />
<br />Just curious if anybody has had these side effects associated with aerosolized vancomycin?
<br />
<br />Thanks in advance

LouLou

I recently posted a question to the group regarding what they are doing to treat colonized MRSA. I was especially interested in prophylactic treatments because as soon as I let up on the MRSA it seems to come back. No one responded that they were nebbing Vanco. I assume this is what you are taking it for.

Has it kept you from having to do as frequent IVs?
Has it stabilized your FEV1?

I hope someone helps answer your question but I'm afraid that there are not many taking Vanco like this. I'm sure you knew it wasn't a traditional method for usage. I'm glad you have a dr that thinks out of the box.

How long have you been on this regimen?

LouLou

I recently posted a question to the group regarding what they are doing to treat colonized MRSA. I was especially interested in prophylactic treatments because as soon as I let up on the MRSA it seems to come back. No one responded that they were nebbing Vanco. I assume this is what you are taking it for.

I hope someone helps answer your question but I'm afraid that there are not many taking Vanco like this. I'm sure you knew it wasn't a traditional method for usage. I'm glad you have a dr that thinks out of the box.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />
<br />Has it kept you from having to do as frequent IVs?
<br />Has it stabilized your FEV1?
<br />
<br />I hope someone helps answer your question but I'm afraid that there are not many taking Vanco like this. I'm sure you knew it wasn't a traditional method for usage. I'm glad you have a dr that thinks out of the box.
<br />
<br />How long have you been on this regimen?

atwnsw

In my case my FEV1 have been stable and not impacted by the MRSA. The CF doctor gave me aerosolized vanco to treat the MRSA in my lungs and the ENT gave me a vanco sinus rinse to treat MRSA in my sinuses. I can't tell you which was responsible for eradicating the MRSA.

I was on both simultaneously for 3 months...

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>LouLou</b></i>

How long have you been on this regimen?</end quote></div>

atwnsw

In my case my FEV1 have been stable and not impacted by the MRSA. The CF doctor gave me aerosolized vanco to treat the MRSA in my lungs and the ENT gave me a vanco sinus rinse to treat MRSA in my sinuses. I can't tell you which was responsible for eradicating the MRSA.

atwnsw

atwnsw

How long have you been on this regimen?</end quote>

atwnsw

<br />
<br />I was on both simultaneously for 3 months...
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>LouLou</b></i>
<br />
<br />I recently posted a question to the group regarding what they are doing to treat colonized MRSA. I was especially interested in prophylactic treatments because as soon as I let up on the MRSA it seems to come back. No one responded that they were nebbing Vanco. I assume this is what you are taking it for.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Has it kept you from having to do as frequent IVs?
<br />
<br />Has it stabilized your FEV1?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I hope someone helps answer your question but I'm afraid that there are not many taking Vanco like this. I'm sure you knew it wasn't a traditional method for usage. I'm glad you have a dr that thinks out of the box.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />How long have you been on this regimen?</end quote>
<br />
<br />