affording the vest

westonsmom

So my insurance only pays $3,000 towards the vest and I don't have any secondary insurance. So that leaves me with a bill of almost $12,000. Which I obviously do not have. I haven't called the SW at clinic yet because I just haven't had the time, but I was looking for suggestions of how I can receive financial help in covering this expense.

Oh, and Tami I think the company here is Respitech not the one you use, but I will still call and see if I can work something out.

Thanks, Jenn

westonsmom

So my insurance only pays $3,000 towards the vest and I don't have any secondary insurance. So that leaves me with a bill of almost $12,000. Which I obviously do not have. I haven't called the SW at clinic yet because I just haven't had the time, but I was looking for suggestions of how I can receive financial help in covering this expense.

Oh, and Tami I think the company here is Respitech not the one you use, but I will still call and see if I can work something out.

Thanks, Jenn

westonsmom

Thanks, Jenn

westonsmom

Thanks, Jenn

westonsmom

<br />
<br />Oh, and Tami I think the company here is Respitech not the one you use, but I will still call and see if I can work something out.
<br />
<br />Thanks, Jenn

MavinetteH

We do the accapella, it is a small tube thingie that he breathes into and somehow vibrates his chest, his clinic had these to give. They are geat because it can go anywhere and it only has to be done fo 15 mintutes. Find out from the clinic.

MavinetteH

We do the accapella, it is a small tube thingie that he breathes into and somehow vibrates his chest, his clinic had these to give. They are geat because it can go anywhere and it only has to be done fo 15 mintutes. Find out from the clinic.

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

M

Mommafirst

Hey Jenn,

Are you sure that is all your insurance will cover? Ours was fully covered after the vest company fought with them for about 9 months over it. These companies are very good at arguing the need and money it will save the insurance company over the long haul.

I don't know of other patient assistance programs, but the CFF might have something you can apply for. I hope Weston gets his vest and gives your arm a rest.

(((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

Hey Jenn,

Are you sure that is all your insurance will cover? Ours was fully covered after the vest company fought with them for about 9 months over it. These companies are very good at arguing the need and money it will save the insurance company over the long haul.

I don't know of other patient assistance programs, but the CFF might have something you can apply for. I hope Weston gets his vest and gives your arm a rest.

(((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

Hey Jenn,

(((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

Hey Jenn,

(((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

Hey Jenn,
<br />
<br />Are you sure that is all your insurance will cover? Ours was fully covered after the vest company fought with them for about 9 months over it. These companies are very good at arguing the need and money it will save the insurance company over the long haul.
<br />
<br />I don't know of other patient assistance programs, but the CFF might have something you can apply for. I hope Weston gets his vest and gives your arm a rest.
<br />
<br />(((HUGS)))

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We have BCBS Select Choice and no other secondary insurance. We thought we'd probably have to come up with 20% of the cost of the vest, but when we went thru the process with the vest company, they appealed and it went thru the medical management program and all but $500 was covered. Still a chunk of change, but much better than the $3000 we thought it would cost. I believe most of the vest companies also have low interest financing or will work with the insurance company to have them pay a portion over a period of time...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We have BCBS Select Choice and no other secondary insurance. We thought we'd probably have to come up with 20% of the cost of the vest, but when we went thru the process with the vest company, they appealed and it went thru the medical management program and all but $500 was covered. Still a chunk of change, but much better than the $3000 we thought it would cost. I believe most of the vest companies also have low interest financing or will work with the insurance company to have them pay a portion over a period of time...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member