Airborne

thelizardqueen

So my mum was in the states this past week, and she brought me back a few packages of Airborne. I know some of you take this, so what I'm wondering is how often you take it, and whether it helps you or not? I read the instructions, and it says to take every 3-4 hours or has needed, but that seems a bit excessive, seeing as how I only have 4 packs with 8 tablets in each. Also it says to take with a bit of water - how much water do you guys usually take with it?

thelizardqueen

So my mum was in the states this past week, and she brought me back a few packages of Airborne. I know some of you take this, so what I'm wondering is how often you take it, and whether it helps you or not? I read the instructions, and it says to take every 3-4 hours or has needed, but that seems a bit excessive, seeing as how I only have 4 packs with 8 tablets in each. Also it says to take with a bit of water - how much water do you guys usually take with it?

thelizardqueen

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My brother swears by it -- he usually gets a nasty sinusy cold a couple times a year and last winter he emailed me saying he tried the airborne stuff, when he felt his usual cold coming and the next morning he felt great. Symptoms were gone.

I've tried it and to tell you the truth, can't really tell if it made a difference or not, though I really haven't had a nasty cold (knock on wood) in a few years. So maybe it's keeping them at bay. And at first I used a small cup of water, but my nephew thinks it's cool to EAT the tablets sans water, so the last time I tried it, I just used a shot glass of water. Much easier to get down.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My brother swears by it -- he usually gets a nasty sinusy cold a couple times a year and last winter he emailed me saying he tried the airborne stuff, when he felt his usual cold coming and the next morning he felt great. Symptoms were gone.

I've tried it and to tell you the truth, can't really tell if it made a difference or not, though I really haven't had a nasty cold (knock on wood) in a few years. So maybe it's keeping them at bay. And at first I used a small cup of water, but my nephew thinks it's cool to EAT the tablets sans water, so the last time I tried it, I just used a shot glass of water. Much easier to get down.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Airborne=nectar of the Gods

I can't say enough good stuff about this product. I have used it since last year and have only had one cold. I take it whenever I think I feel a cold coming on or if I feel run down at all. I use very little water (about 6 oz). Stir it while it is fizzing to mix in all the vitamins because sometimes it they get thick around the top. It really doesn't taste that bad. The orange is the best flavor (IMO). I tried the CVS brand once and it was GROSS! Not recommended. BJs has the cheapest ones I've found, a 3 pack is 11.98. Save the lables for a free bottle after 6 too.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

I can't say enough good stuff about this product. I have used it since last year and have only had one cold. I take it whenever I think I feel a cold coming on or if I feel run down at all. I use very little water (about 6 oz). Stir it while it is fizzing to mix in all the vitamins because sometimes it they get thick around the top. It really doesn't taste that bad. The orange is the best flavor (IMO). I tried the CVS brand once and it was GROSS! Not recommended. BJs has the cheapest ones I've found, a 3 pack is 11.98. Save the lables for a free bottle after 6 too.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Oh yeah, I take it twice a day unless I really know i have a cold, then every 4 hours.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Oh yeah, I take it twice a day unless I really know i have a cold, then every 4 hours.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

thelizardqueen

Thanks for the info guys. I just took one, because I'm starting to feel under the weather like I have a cold coming on, so we'll see what happens.

thelizardqueen

Thanks for the info guys. I just took one, because I'm starting to feel under the weather like I have a cold coming on, so we'll see what happens.

thelizardqueen

mare

I discovered Airborne also. I have taken it when I feel out of sorts and it worked. I mostly have used it to give the other members of the household when they are getting symptoms, so I they dont come down with a cold I can catch. It has worked every time., just taking a dose or two. We take it with 8 oz of water, drop the tablet in to dissolve, the water is good for you anyway. Its interesting that some are taking this as a regular regimen.

mare

I discovered Airborne also. I have taken it when I feel out of sorts and it worked. I mostly have used it to give the other members of the household when they are getting symptoms, so I they dont come down with a cold I can catch. It has worked every time., just taking a dose or two. We take it with 8 oz of water, drop the tablet in to dissolve, the water is good for you anyway. Its interesting that some are taking this as a regular regimen.

mare

lightNlife

I think it's snake oil. I don't take it because i"m allergic to half of the ingredients, but I think for many people part of the benefit may be more from the water they drink and not so much from the airborne.

lightNlife

I think it's snake oil. I don't take it because i"m allergic to half of the ingredients, but I think for many people part of the benefit may be more from the water they drink and not so much from the airborne.