Albeuterol Dose Enough?

JazzysMom

I did a bit more in one dose & it made a world of difference. I will ask my doctor about the albueterol/atrovent at my appointment. I did stop pulmicort because the doctor didnt think it was good to continue using pulmicort & advair. Just trying to figure it all out so when I talk with her I know whats up. Thanks for your input everyone!

I don't recommend this without talking to your doctor....but I have for the past 2 years now taken 2 ampules of albuterol at a time because it just seemed 1 wasn't helping. I do one treatment then do the other right after. Even after doing the 2 I never feel jittery or have a racing heart rate; but it does help me breathe better taking the two.

As I said though, I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you talk to your dr.

Julie

P.S. Do you get jittery or does your heart race with taking just 1? I am just curious since mine don't affect me at all that way.

I don't recommend this without talking to your doctor....but I have for the past 2 years now taken 2 ampules of albuterol at a time because it just seemed 1 wasn't helping. I do one treatment then do the other right after. Even after doing the 2 I never feel jittery or have a racing heart rate; but it does help me breathe better taking the two.

Julie

P.S. Do you get jittery or does your heart race with taking just 1? I am just curious since mine don't affect me at all that way.

Julie

mare

I use Nuonebs also. Occasionally add extra saline to moisten the secretions up a bit. That helps too.

mare

I use Nuonebs also. Occasionally add extra saline to moisten the secretions up a bit. That helps too.

mare

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>julie61554</b></i>

Julie

P.S. Do you get jittery or does your heart race with taking just 1? I am just curious since mine don't affect me at all that way.</end quote></div>

I have gotten the jitters, but not on a regular basis. Dont know what the link was to the times I did get them was either. I confess that I did 2 doses of albeuterol today & my chest felt great, but I felt like I drank a gallon of coffee so it wont happen again.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>julie61554</b></i>

Julie

P.S. Do you get jittery or does your heart race with taking just 1? I am just curious since mine don't affect me at all that way.</end quote></div>

I have gotten the jitters, but not on a regular basis. Dont know what the link was to the times I did get them was either. I confess that I did 2 doses of albeuterol today & my chest felt great, but I felt like I drank a gallon of coffee so it wont happen again.

JazzysMom

Julie

jfarel

Glad to know other people use it every three hours now and again. Sometimes I use it before and after tobi due to chest tightness.

jfarel

Glad to know other people use it every three hours now and again. Sometimes I use it before and after tobi due to chest tightness.

jfarel

Scarlett81

I've upped to 3 a few times before if I really needed it. My doc (and yours) has said to me before that if I feel that I need it more than 4 times a day something is likely wrong and I should come in-but that just may be for me personally, I dont' know. I have the asthmatic component, pretty strong.
May as well just check it out, Mel. Make sure nothing else is going on in there that is making you need albuterol more.

Scarlett81

I've upped to 3 a few times before if I really needed it. My doc (and yours) has said to me before that if I feel that I need it more than 4 times a day something is likely wrong and I should come in-but that just may be for me personally, I dont' know. I have the asthmatic component, pretty strong.
May as well just check it out, Mel. Make sure nothing else is going on in there that is making you need albuterol more.

Scarlett81