Albuterol and infection

crystalina0814

For those of you who have CF, and are on Albuterol (nebulizer), how many times a day do you do it when you are sick? I typically do it twice a day when I am well. I have recently finished a round of abx and I am starting to "feel" gunky again. My doc wants me to increase my albuteral aerosols and vest to every 4-6 hours while feeling sick to see if that helps. Does anyone else do this? Do you see an improvement?

crystalina0814

For those of you who have CF, and are on Albuterol (nebulizer), how many times a day do you do it when you are sick? I typically do it twice a day when I am well. I have recently finished a round of abx and I am starting to "feel" gunky again. My doc wants me to increase my albuteral aerosols and vest to every 4-6 hours while feeling sick to see if that helps. Does anyone else do this? Do you see an improvement?

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

ctalbott0609

Our Dr. usually puts Paige on Albuterol every 4 hours when she's sick. It's totally typical from what I've read. As soon as she starts showing signs of being sick, I automatically add an extra treatment though.

Edited to say that Paige will normally start showing improvement immediately, once we figure out how many treatments work best for her. She's sick now, and I upped her to two treatments today, but I'm thinking I need to add a 3rd...she's still wheezy and coughing.

ctalbott0609

Our Dr. usually puts Paige on Albuterol every 4 hours when she's sick. It's totally typical from what I've read. As soon as she starts showing signs of being sick, I automatically add an extra treatment though.

Edited to say that Paige will normally start showing improvement immediately, once we figure out how many treatments work best for her. She's sick now, and I upped her to two treatments today, but I'm thinking I need to add a 3rd...she's still wheezy and coughing.

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

<br />
<br />Edited to say that Paige will normally start showing improvement immediately, once we figure out how many treatments work best for her. She's sick now, and I upped her to two treatments today, but I'm thinking I need to add a 3rd...she's still wheezy and coughing.

crystalina0814

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>crystalina0814</b></i>

For those of you who have CF, and are on Albuterol (nebulizer), how many times a day do you do it when you are sick? I typically do it twice a day when I am well. I have recently finished a round of abx and I am starting to "feel" gunky again. My doc wants me to increase my albuteral aerosols and vest to every 4-6 hours while feeling sick to see if that helps. Does anyone else do this? Do you see an improvement?</end quote></div>

I should add in too....the reason I am asking is because I feel like I need it up to every two hours. Is this too much? I am waiting on my doc to call back, but since it is not an emergency, than it will probably be tomorrow.

crystalina0814

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>crystalina0814</b></i>

For those of you who have CF, and are on Albuterol (nebulizer), how many times a day do you do it when you are sick? I typically do it twice a day when I am well. I have recently finished a round of abx and I am starting to "feel" gunky again. My doc wants me to increase my albuteral aerosols and vest to every 4-6 hours while feeling sick to see if that helps. Does anyone else do this? Do you see an improvement?</end quote></div>

I should add in too....the reason I am asking is because I feel like I need it up to every two hours. Is this too much? I am waiting on my doc to call back, but since it is not an emergency, than it will probably be tomorrow.

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

For those of you who have CF, and are on Albuterol (nebulizer), how many times a day do you do it when you are sick? I typically do it twice a day when I am well. I have recently finished a round of abx and I am starting to "feel" gunky again. My doc wants me to increase my albuteral aerosols and vest to every 4-6 hours while feeling sick to see if that helps. Does anyone else do this? Do you see an improvement?</end quote>

crystalina0814

<br />
<br />For those of you who have CF, and are on Albuterol (nebulizer), how many times a day do you do it when you are sick? I typically do it twice a day when I am well. I have recently finished a round of abx and I am starting to "feel" gunky again. My doc wants me to increase my albuteral aerosols and vest to every 4-6 hours while feeling sick to see if that helps. Does anyone else do this? Do you see an improvement?</end quote>
<br />
<br />I should add in too....the reason I am asking is because I feel like I need it up to every two hours. Is this too much? I am waiting on my doc to call back, but since it is not an emergency, than it will probably be tomorrow.

bronie1

Every four hours in conjunction with the Vest is what we do. We put a call in to the doc, to get prednisone available.

bronie1

Every four hours in conjunction with the Vest is what we do. We put a call in to the doc, to get prednisone available.

bronie1

bronie1

bronie1