Albuterol and infection

M

MiddleAgedLady

i do it 3x day now all the time, 4x if sick. it's good you're checking with your doc, as I believe it can affect the heart if you use it too often.

M

MiddleAgedLady

i do it 3x day now all the time, 4x if sick. it's good you're checking with your doc, as I believe it can affect the heart if you use it too often.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We've been told a minimum of twice a day -- we do it three times a day with vest and bump up to 4 times when DS is coming down with something. When he was in the hospital this summer they did 6 a day -- every 4 hours.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We've been told a minimum of twice a day -- we do it three times a day with vest and bump up to 4 times when DS is coming down with something. When he was in the hospital this summer they did 6 a day -- every 4 hours.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

melx

I'm pretty sure Joan is right it can affect heart - rate, I think. And it can affect blood sugar too (elevates it).

melx

I'm pretty sure Joan is right it can affect heart - rate, I think. And it can affect blood sugar too (elevates it).

melx

melx

melx

hmw

Emily does it twice a day when well and 3-4x/day when sick. When she's sick she also increases the amount that she uses. This is easy to accomplish since she uses the Ventolin inhaler; she goes from 2 puffs when well to 3-4 puffs. This was after we established it doesn't affect her heartrate or cause any other adverse effects.

We do see that it makes a difference for her when she's sick and I know she can tell too since she will bring me the inhaler and ask to use it. It helps the chest pain, trouble breathing, shortness of breath and some of the cough she gets when ill. It's not enough on it's own when she's sick though (she needs the Pulmacort and sometimes Prednisone too- and I think any of the meds would be pretty limited in effectiveness without the extra vest sessions that go along with them.)

She doesn't have blood sugar issues to worry about (she's only 8).

hmw

Emily does it twice a day when well and 3-4x/day when sick. When she's sick she also increases the amount that she uses. This is easy to accomplish since she uses the Ventolin inhaler; she goes from 2 puffs when well to 3-4 puffs. This was after we established it doesn't affect her heartrate or cause any other adverse effects.

We do see that it makes a difference for her when she's sick and I know she can tell too since she will bring me the inhaler and ask to use it. It helps the chest pain, trouble breathing, shortness of breath and some of the cough she gets when ill. It's not enough on it's own when she's sick though (she needs the Pulmacort and sometimes Prednisone too- and I think any of the meds would be pretty limited in effectiveness without the extra vest sessions that go along with them.)

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />We do see that it makes a difference for her when she's sick and I know she can tell too since she will bring me the inhaler and ask to use it. It helps the chest pain, trouble breathing, shortness of breath and some of the cough she gets when ill. It's not enough on it's own when she's sick though (she needs the Pulmacort and sometimes Prednisone too- and I think any of the meds would be pretty limited in effectiveness without the extra vest sessions that go along with them.)
<br />
<br />She doesn't have blood sugar issues to worry about (she's only 8).