Albuterol

nomorecf

I heard a rumor today from someone I work with that Albuterol will no longer be available. True or False? Is there a similar medication that does the same thing?

nomorecf

I heard a rumor today from someone I work with that Albuterol will no longer be available. True or False? Is there a similar medication that does the same thing?

nomorecf

nomorecf

nomorecf

S

semperfiohana

i was switched to proventil hfa a few years ago. it doesn't contain any cfc's is what i was told. i was under the impression they no longer were making albuterol, but i could be way off. but i used to be on albuterol and was switched to proventil.

S

semperfiohana

i was switched to proventil hfa a few years ago. it doesn't contain any cfc's is what i was told. i was under the impression they no longer were making albuterol, but i could be way off. but i used to be on albuterol and was switched to proventil.

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

JazzysMom

Read this. Its the metered dose inhalers not ALL albuterol from what I can tell:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/shortages/
">http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/shortages/
</a>
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ALBUTEROL METERED DOSE INHALERS (MDIs) TRANSITION
Albuterol Metered Dose Inhalers - After December 31, 2008, albuterol CFC MDIs are prohibited from being sold or distributed in the United States. Therefore, patients are encouraged to talk with their health care providers now to begin the transition to an HFA propelled albuterol MDI. After the transition is complete, it is anticipated that supplies of albuterol HFA and levalbuterol HFA MDIs will continue to meet the total market demand. FDA is working closely with manufacturers to ensure that there is adequate supply of the HFA propelled albuterol and levalbuterol MDI products available.

Additional information on CFC and MDIs:
Albuterol HFA and levalbuterol HFA metered dose inhalers are available from the following firms:

Albuterol Metered Dose Inhalers:

Schering Plough: PROVENTIL-HFA (NDC 00085-1132-01). Schering-Plough has established a special CFC to HFA transition toll free hotline at 1-877-HFA-7768

GlaxoSmithKline: Ventolin-HFA (NDC# 0173-0682-20) - Customer service number 1-888-825-5249

IVAX Laboratories, Inc.: ProAir HFA (Albuterol Sulfate HFA): NDC 59310-579-20. If you have any questions, please call 1-888-482-9522

Levalbuterol Metered Dose Inhalers:

Sepracor: Xopenex HFA (levalbuterol tartrate) Inhalation Aerosol metered dose inhalers (NDC 63402-510-01) - Customer service 1-888-394-7377

JazzysMom

Read this. Its the metered dose inhalers not ALL albuterol from what I can tell:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/shortages/
</a>
Albuterol Metered Dose Inhalers - After December 31, 2008, albuterol CFC MDIs are prohibited from being sold or distributed in the United States. Therefore, patients are encouraged to talk with their health care providers now to begin the transition to an HFA propelled albuterol MDI. After the transition is complete, it is anticipated that supplies of albuterol HFA and levalbuterol HFA MDIs will continue to meet the total market demand. FDA is working closely with manufacturers to ensure that there is adequate supply of the HFA propelled albuterol and levalbuterol MDI products available.

Albuterol HFA and levalbuterol HFA metered dose inhalers are available from the following firms:

Schering Plough: PROVENTIL-HFA (NDC 00085-1132-01). Schering-Plough has established a special CFC to HFA transition toll free hotline at 1-877-HFA-7768

GlaxoSmithKline: Ventolin-HFA (NDC# 0173-0682-20) - Customer service number 1-888-825-5249

IVAX Laboratories, Inc.: ProAir HFA (Albuterol Sulfate HFA): NDC 59310-579-20. If you have any questions, please call 1-888-482-9522

Sepracor: Xopenex HFA (levalbuterol tartrate) Inhalation Aerosol metered dose inhalers (NDC 63402-510-01) - Customer service 1-888-394-7377

JazzysMom

</a>

JazzysMom

</a>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/shortages/
</a><br />
<br />IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ALBUTEROL METERED DOSE INHALERS (MDIs) TRANSITION
<br />Albuterol Metered Dose Inhalers - After December 31, 2008, albuterol CFC MDIs are prohibited from being sold or distributed in the United States. Therefore, patients are encouraged to talk with their health care providers now to begin the transition to an HFA propelled albuterol MDI. After the transition is complete, it is anticipated that supplies of albuterol HFA and levalbuterol HFA MDIs will continue to meet the total market demand. FDA is working closely with manufacturers to ensure that there is adequate supply of the HFA propelled albuterol and levalbuterol MDI products available.
<br />
<br />Additional information on CFC and MDIs:
<br />Albuterol HFA and levalbuterol HFA metered dose inhalers are available from the following firms:
<br />
<br />
<br />Albuterol Metered Dose Inhalers:
<br />
<br />Schering Plough: PROVENTIL-HFA (NDC 00085-1132-01). Schering-Plough has established a special CFC to HFA transition toll free hotline at 1-877-HFA-7768
<br />
<br />GlaxoSmithKline: Ventolin-HFA (NDC# 0173-0682-20) - Customer service number 1-888-825-5249
<br />
<br />IVAX Laboratories, Inc.: ProAir HFA (Albuterol Sulfate HFA): NDC 59310-579-20. If you have any questions, please call 1-888-482-9522
<br />
<br />Levalbuterol Metered Dose Inhalers:
<br />
<br />Sepracor: Xopenex HFA (levalbuterol tartrate) Inhalation Aerosol metered dose inhalers (NDC 63402-510-01) - Customer service 1-888-394-7377
<br />
<br />

M

Mommafirst

yeah, its just the distribution method that has changed. We (both my CF dd and me with Asthma) switched to ProAir -- its weird because its not as powerful of a swish to inhale, but it tastes sweeter and works the same to me. I'm going to ask next time to switch to Ventolin instead, though, because it has a counter on the dispenser that counts down how many puffs are left!!!

M

Mommafirst

yeah, its just the distribution method that has changed. We (both my CF dd and me with Asthma) switched to ProAir -- its weird because its not as powerful of a swish to inhale, but it tastes sweeter and works the same to me. I'm going to ask next time to switch to Ventolin instead, though, because it has a counter on the dispenser that counts down how many puffs are left!!!

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst