Allergic to UltraseMT20

fkewatson

Hi - it has been awhile since I've posted anything. My son was found to be a CF carrier last summer and his GI believed that status was the reason for his fat malabsorption and gave him UltraseMT20. My son had serious neuro problems while on the enzymes. He was on them for 2 weeks and just got progressively worse until I took him off of them - then five hours later he was good as new. He has many food allergies and they manifest themselves neurologically (for example, wheat and Baker's yeast will do the same thing to him that the enzymes did).

The only allergen warning on the package insert is for pork. He is not allergic to pork, eats it regularly and this doesn't happen. There is something else that caused the reaction. He is allergic to aspergillus (a mold) and many lipase products are made from aspergillus.

Today we found out another med he just began taking this week is also made from aspergillus and he was exhibiting the same symptoms as when he was on the enzymes.

My question: has anyone ever had occasion to really dig deep and find out "everthing" that is in these enzymes? I mean, I even need to know what the inactive ingredients are derived from - he is that sensitive. I do have the manufacturer researching it right now and they've been very accomodating. But if someone else knows, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.

Katie in TN

fkewatson

Hi - it has been awhile since I've posted anything. My son was found to be a CF carrier last summer and his GI believed that status was the reason for his fat malabsorption and gave him UltraseMT20. My son had serious neuro problems while on the enzymes. He was on them for 2 weeks and just got progressively worse until I took him off of them - then five hours later he was good as new. He has many food allergies and they manifest themselves neurologically (for example, wheat and Baker's yeast will do the same thing to him that the enzymes did).

The only allergen warning on the package insert is for pork. He is not allergic to pork, eats it regularly and this doesn't happen. There is something else that caused the reaction. He is allergic to aspergillus (a mold) and many lipase products are made from aspergillus.

Today we found out another med he just began taking this week is also made from aspergillus and he was exhibiting the same symptoms as when he was on the enzymes.

My question: has anyone ever had occasion to really dig deep and find out "everthing" that is in these enzymes? I mean, I even need to know what the inactive ingredients are derived from - he is that sensitive. I do have the manufacturer researching it right now and they've been very accomodating. But if someone else knows, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.

Katie in TN

fkewatson

Katie in TN

fkewatson

Katie in TN

fkewatson

<br />
<br />The only allergen warning on the package insert is for pork. He is not allergic to pork, eats it regularly and this doesn't happen. There is something else that caused the reaction. He is allergic to aspergillus (a mold) and many lipase products are made from aspergillus.
<br />
<br />Today we found out another med he just began taking this week is also made from aspergillus and he was exhibiting the same symptoms as when he was on the enzymes.
<br />
<br />My question: has anyone ever had occasion to really dig deep and find out "everthing" that is in these enzymes? I mean, I even need to know what the inactive ingredients are derived from - he is that sensitive. I do have the manufacturer researching it right now and they've been very accomodating. But if someone else knows, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.
<br />
<br />Katie in TN