Altitude and CF, low PFT

soderick

My lung function is in the 50's and I don't use oxygen, so this might not be super relevant to you, but here it is anyway. I grew up at an altitude of 2500-3000 feet. I now live at sea level, but returning to see my parents at their home is never a problem for me. I don't notice any difference. I spend time at a cabin around 7000 feet, too, and I do occasionally use oxygen there, and I need a break after climbing a flight of stairs.

soderick

My lung function is in the 50's and I don't use oxygen, so this might not be super relevant to you, but here it is anyway. I grew up at an altitude of 2500-3000 feet. I now live at sea level, but returning to see my parents at their home is never a problem for me. I don't notice any difference. I spend time at a cabin around 7000 feet, too, and I do occasionally use oxygen there, and I need a break after climbing a flight of stairs.

soderick

soderick

soderick

catalinaohara

Thanks for all the responses! I also did a search on an old thread and found some info there.

My doctor said 1900 feet wasnt high enough to put me in any kind of danger and that I might just be uncomfortable or unable to keep up...which I already am half the time. Most of the people I'm going with know I have CF, so it should be ok in the stress department (dont have to deal with explaining it)

I'm still getting myself all worked up, but 1900ft really isnt that high so, I need to calm down or I'll just feeel worse!

thanks again..

Caitlin

catalinaohara

Thanks for all the responses! I also did a search on an old thread and found some info there.

My doctor said 1900 feet wasnt high enough to put me in any kind of danger and that I might just be uncomfortable or unable to keep up...which I already am half the time. Most of the people I'm going with know I have CF, so it should be ok in the stress department (dont have to deal with explaining it)

I'm still getting myself all worked up, but 1900ft really isnt that high so, I need to calm down or I'll just feeel worse!

thanks again..

Caitlin

catalinaohara

thanks again..

Caitlin

catalinaohara

thanks again..

Caitlin

catalinaohara

<br />
<br />My doctor said 1900 feet wasnt high enough to put me in any kind of danger and that I might just be uncomfortable or unable to keep up...which I already am half the time. Most of the people I'm going with know I have CF, so it should be ok in the stress department (dont have to deal with explaining it)
<br />
<br />I'm still getting myself all worked up, but 1900ft really isnt that high so, I need to calm down or I'll just feeel worse!
<br />
<br />thanks again..
<br />
<br />Caitlin