Ambien and Insomnia

kathiel

I can't take ambien or lunesta cause I still feel drowsy when I wake up after a full nights sleep, and I can't get "concious" enough to care for my daughter if she gets sick during the night. Therefore, I take temazapam. I can still get the sleep I need, and wake up rested instead of drowsy, and if DD gets sick I can wake up to care for her. BTW I have CF as well so I am in a catch 22 with my sleep as far as what I can and cannot take.

kathiel

I can't take ambien or lunesta cause I still feel drowsy when I wake up after a full nights sleep, and I can't get "concious" enough to care for my daughter if she gets sick during the night. Therefore, I take temazapam. I can still get the sleep I need, and wake up rested instead of drowsy, and if DD gets sick I can wake up to care for her. BTW I have CF as well so I am in a catch 22 with my sleep as far as what I can and cannot take.

kathiel

kathiel

kathiel

ehtansky21

Have you tried melatonin???

You are right about the side effects of ambien.

I worked in a facility where the majority of our patients were on ambien. The side effects are not rare, they are very commonly seen. Especially the one where you do stuff in your sleep and don't know it. Most of our patients ate in their sleep.

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

I worked in a facility where the majority of our patients were on ambien. The side effects are not rare, they are very commonly seen. Especially the one where you do stuff in your sleep and don't know it. Most of our patients ate in their sleep.

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

<br />
<br />You are right about the side effects of ambien.
<br />
<br />I worked in a facility where the majority of our patients were on ambien. The side effects are not rare, they are very commonly seen. Especially the one where you do stuff in your sleep and don't know it. Most of our patients ate in their sleep.
<br />
<br />blessings,
<br />missa

M

MiddleAgedLady

I've been taking Ambien CR and Trazadone for years. I have chronic pain issues and insomnia. If I don't take these I have non-restorative sleep and wake up as tired as I was when I went to bed. My previous CF doc said if he took what I take for sleep, he'd never wake up. Har. I'm much older than you... but I frankly don't care about the addiction part. My rest is as precious as gold to me. I do see a psychiatrist for these. That is a good suggestion especially if you have a history with addictive meds.

M

MiddleAgedLady

I've been taking Ambien CR and Trazadone for years. I have chronic pain issues and insomnia. If I don't take these I have non-restorative sleep and wake up as tired as I was when I went to bed. My previous CF doc said if he took what I take for sleep, he'd never wake up. Har. I'm much older than you... but I frankly don't care about the addiction part. My rest is as precious as gold to me. I do see a psychiatrist for these. That is a good suggestion especially if you have a history with addictive meds.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady