Ambry test with cord blood

Nicole

Daniel was diagnosed using cord blood at 2 days old. He was showing echogenic bowel while I was pregnant with him and so the drs decided that cord blood would be the best testing option. It was all planned prior to my delivery. Although after he was born and we were waiting for the results one of the drs in the hospital nursery wanted to draw blood because he remarked that "it would take too long to separate my blood from his" with the cord blood sample that was sent. It ended up not being an issue because his results came back within an hour of the dr saying that. Don't know if it makes any difference but we knew what mutations we were looking for as well. To this point no one has had an issue with how he was diagnosed.

Nicole

Daniel was diagnosed using cord blood at 2 days old. He was showing echogenic bowel while I was pregnant with him and so the drs decided that cord blood would be the best testing option. It was all planned prior to my delivery. Although after he was born and we were waiting for the results one of the drs in the hospital nursery wanted to draw blood because he remarked that "it would take too long to separate my blood from his" with the cord blood sample that was sent. It ended up not being an issue because his results came back within an hour of the dr saying that. Don't know if it makes any difference but we knew what mutations we were looking for as well. To this point no one has had an issue with how he was diagnosed.

Nicole

Nicole

Nicole

cfmomma

We used cord blood to diagnose my son and I honestly can't remember any mention of separating my blood from my son's. We went into the delivery room and had all the paperwork, blood vials, and shipping info ready to go. The nurses obtained the cord blood and were ready to send it to Ambry less than 30 minutes after delivery. We got the results back about a week later since we already knew my older son's mutation. I do recall in the paperwork that test results took much longer if you did not know what mutations were affected.

cfmomma

We used cord blood to diagnose my son and I honestly can't remember any mention of separating my blood from my son's. We went into the delivery room and had all the paperwork, blood vials, and shipping info ready to go. The nurses obtained the cord blood and were ready to send it to Ambry less than 30 minutes after delivery. We got the results back about a week later since we already knew my older son's mutation. I do recall in the paperwork that test results took much longer if you did not know what mutations were affected.

cfmomma

cfmomma

cfmomma

jena

I was 7 months pregnant when my 3-year old was diagnosed. We decided to NOT have an amnio and wait until she was born. Our son's CF doctor suggested cord blood testing and wrote out an actual prescription (that we took with us to the hospital) for the blood to be drawn. My OB was aware of the situation and was happy to oblige. No one gave us any reason for hesitation. After my daughter was born, he filled several tubes with the cord blood (it takes a lot of blood, so it would probably take awhile for your baby to be big enough to have their own blood drawn) and they took it from there. For whatever reason (maybe for separating purposes, or just to be extra certain) they ALSO took some of mine and my husband's blood at the hospital on the day she was born to send off with her cord blood. We already knew the mutations they were looking for b/c of our son, but they needed our blood anyway. They DO have to separate the blood, but they do that in the lab and apparantly have a procedure for doing it. The worst part was waiting the 2 weeks for the results. They diagnosed our daughter as a carrier (with my husband's mutation). So they can look at those things pretty specifically. It was no problem for us and I would recommend it. GOOD LUCK!
Jena

jena

I was 7 months pregnant when my 3-year old was diagnosed. We decided to NOT have an amnio and wait until she was born. Our son's CF doctor suggested cord blood testing and wrote out an actual prescription (that we took with us to the hospital) for the blood to be drawn. My OB was aware of the situation and was happy to oblige. No one gave us any reason for hesitation. After my daughter was born, he filled several tubes with the cord blood (it takes a lot of blood, so it would probably take awhile for your baby to be big enough to have their own blood drawn) and they took it from there. For whatever reason (maybe for separating purposes, or just to be extra certain) they ALSO took some of mine and my husband's blood at the hospital on the day she was born to send off with her cord blood. We already knew the mutations they were looking for b/c of our son, but they needed our blood anyway. They DO have to separate the blood, but they do that in the lab and apparantly have a procedure for doing it. The worst part was waiting the 2 weeks for the results. They diagnosed our daughter as a carrier (with my husband's mutation). So they can look at those things pretty specifically. It was no problem for us and I would recommend it. GOOD LUCK!
Jena

jena

Jena

jena

Jena

jena

Jena