An oxygen question

cf4life

Do you have a pulse oximeter? If so, monitor your o2 stats with both the modified and unmodified nasal cannula. If you don't have one, get one, most insurance companies will pay for one if you are prescription for O2.

cf4life

Do you have a pulse oximeter? If so, monitor your o2 stats with both the modified and unmodified nasal cannula. If you don't have one, get one, most insurance companies will pay for one if you are prescription for O2.

cf4life

cf4life

coltsfan715

Hey Bree,

I will say that my ENT actually recommended that I cut the prongs to be flush with the tubing. I was having nose bleeds alot when I was using O2 and that is what he recommended for me. He said that he has several patients that do that and so long as the openings are lined up with your nostrils you should be getting the O2.

I would double check with your doc maybe and see what they think if you are really concerned about it especially if you feel you may not be getting enough. I just wanted to throw that out there cause I know it was something that I was told by my doc back in February/March.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hey Bree,

I will say that my ENT actually recommended that I cut the prongs to be flush with the tubing. I was having nose bleeds alot when I was using O2 and that is what he recommended for me. He said that he has several patients that do that and so long as the openings are lined up with your nostrils you should be getting the O2.

I would double check with your doc maybe and see what they think if you are really concerned about it especially if you feel you may not be getting enough. I just wanted to throw that out there cause I know it was something that I was told by my doc back in February/March.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hey Bree,

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hey Bree,

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hey Bree,

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hey Bree,

Take Care,
Lindsey

Breezy

Thanx Linds! I am not so worried anymore then. I have had nosebleeds too and my nose is full of dried blood. It's the worst feeling ever! i guess the next time i won't cut as much back. I felt crappy in general today so i think it's just an off day. My body feels normal and that's the biggest indicator that i did get enough O2 over night! Thanx guys!

Breezy

Thanx Linds! I am not so worried anymore then. I have had nosebleeds too and my nose is full of dried blood. It's the worst feeling ever! i guess the next time i won't cut as much back. I felt crappy in general today so i think it's just an off day. My body feels normal and that's the biggest indicator that i did get enough O2 over night! Thanx guys!

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy