Another CF Mutation Found In Our Family

Momtana

Tina, who is suggesting the sweat test instead of a blood test to screen for mutations? Please inquire about the genetic testing - it will give you more information. Some of your children may have one mutation which will be important to know later, when they are partnered and considering having children.

Momtana

Tina, who is suggesting the sweat test instead of a blood test to screen for mutations? Please inquire about the genetic testing - it will give you more information. Some of your children may have one mutation which will be important to know later, when they are partnered and considering having children.

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana

holmfamily1992

Our insurance companay says we have to go through the sweat test before the genetic testing on the other kids. Its really stupid especailly knowing there are the 2 mutations in our family. They said the genetic testing is more expensive then the sweat test and they dont want to do the genetic testing on all the if they dont have to.

Either way, we need to know who is a carrier and who is not and who has CF and who doesnt. Honestly, I think its our clinic not doing what they are suppose to be doing. Normally a Doctor can help fight the insurance companies.

We will find out on July 1st what our CF Doctor is going to do. I am half tempted to just drive all of us down there on Dylans appointment date and tell them "We are here, do it now!"

Tina

IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll15/holmfamiy/family-1.jpg[/IMG]

holmfamily1992

Our insurance companay says we have to go through the sweat test before the genetic testing on the other kids. Its really stupid especailly knowing there are the 2 mutations in our family. They said the genetic testing is more expensive then the sweat test and they dont want to do the genetic testing on all the if they dont have to.

Either way, we need to know who is a carrier and who is not and who has CF and who doesnt. Honestly, I think its our clinic not doing what they are suppose to be doing. Normally a Doctor can help fight the insurance companies.

We will find out on July 1st what our CF Doctor is going to do. I am half tempted to just drive all of us down there on Dylans appointment date and tell them "We are here, do it now!"

Tina

holmfamily1992

Tina

holmfamily1992

Tina

holmfamily1992

<br />
<br />Either way, we need to know who is a carrier and who is not and who has CF and who doesnt. Honestly, I think its our clinic not doing what they are suppose to be doing. Normally a Doctor can help fight the insurance companies.
<br />
<br />We will find out on July 1st what our CF Doctor is going to do. I am half tempted to just drive all of us down there on Dylans appointment date and tell them "We are here, do it now!"
<br />
<br />Tina
<br />
<br />IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll15/holmfamiy/family-1.jpg[/IMG]

concernedmom

Tina, I'd be tempted to do that, too! Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that they'd be able to do it then.

Have you personally contacted the insurance company? Maybe you could get Steven from Ambry to give you a quote on how much it would cost to test all of the children just for the mutations you KNOW are in your family? Then call the insurance co w/that information and see if they'd agree to it???

concernedmom

Tina, I'd be tempted to do that, too! Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that they'd be able to do it then.

Have you personally contacted the insurance company? Maybe you could get Steven from Ambry to give you a quote on how much it would cost to test all of the children just for the mutations you KNOW are in your family? Then call the insurance co w/that information and see if they'd agree to it???

concernedmom

concernedmom

concernedmom