Antacid use?

kitomd21

I've noticed through the posts that many CFers take antacids. Our CF doctors haven't advised us to do so and I'm wondering if others have been advised to take antacids. Our daughter does spit up, but no more than I would consider "normal" for an infant. Should I assume that it could be heartburn-related? She doesn't fuss after spitting up.

I've also been reading about acid vs alkaline tissues in the CF body. Have any of your doctors discussed this with you? My concern is that we could be doing more for our daughter...

kitomd21

I've noticed through the posts that many CFers take antacids. Our CF doctors haven't advised us to do so and I'm wondering if others have been advised to take antacids. Our daughter does spit up, but no more than I would consider "normal" for an infant. Should I assume that it could be heartburn-related? She doesn't fuss after spitting up.

I've also been reading about acid vs alkaline tissues in the CF body. Have any of your doctors discussed this with you? My concern is that we could be doing more for our daughter...

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

<br />
<br />I've also been reading about acid vs alkaline tissues in the CF body. Have any of your doctors discussed this with you? My concern is that we could be doing more for our daughter...
<br />

Solo

I take Zantac twice a day to somewhat soothe my hyperacidity problem, although I have a hunch it can be controlled if I paid alot more attention to what I put inside my body. I'm just not ready to give up the foods that I really love, like pizza, mozarella sticks, burgers, etc., so I guess I'll continue to be a slave to big pharma for some time to come. I know if I miss taking it even once I get severe stomach pains, and I'm bloated. My advice to you is if your daughter is an infant to start her out eating all kinds of fruits and veggies, not get her figuratively put in a straightjacket by having her accustomed to processed foods that cause the hyperacidity probelm in the first place.

Solo

I take Zantac twice a day to somewhat soothe my hyperacidity problem, although I have a hunch it can be controlled if I paid alot more attention to what I put inside my body. I'm just not ready to give up the foods that I really love, like pizza, mozarella sticks, burgers, etc., so I guess I'll continue to be a slave to big pharma for some time to come. I know if I miss taking it even once I get severe stomach pains, and I'm bloated. My advice to you is if your daughter is an infant to start her out eating all kinds of fruits and veggies, not get her figuratively put in a straightjacket by having her accustomed to processed foods that cause the hyperacidity probelm in the first place.

Solo

Solo

Solo

just1more

You might want to ask next time you see the Dr.

Our son (6) takes a prevacid solutab (dissolves on his tongue) each morning; it seems to help quite a bit.

just1more

Our son (6) takes a prevacid solutab (dissolves on his tongue) each morning; it seems to help quite a bit.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />Our son (6) takes a prevacid solutab (dissolves on his tongue) each morning; it seems to help quite a bit.
<br />
<br />

C

Cherylwithone

My daughter takes 90 mg of prevacid aday. Has done so for a long time. Even as a teenager she has reflux. It really helps her out alot. Reflux is bad for cfer's it can do more harm then good. It one thing for a non cfer to reflux.
It really does'nt cause the same damage. I would the doctor. You have nothing to loose and everything togain.

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

My daughter takes 90 mg of prevacid aday. Has done so for a long time. Even as a teenager she has reflux. It really helps her out alot. Reflux is bad for cfer's it can do more harm then good. It one thing for a non cfer to reflux.
It really does'nt cause the same damage. I would the doctor. You have nothing to loose and everything togain.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />It really does'nt cause the same damage. I would the doctor. You have nothing to loose and everything togain.
<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf