Anti-Inflamatory Eating

mom2lillian

I am reading Dr. Perricone's book and decided to dive in and give it a whirl.

I am going to try and complete some shopping tongiht or this weekend and get started right away next week. I have been eating horrid lately and really feeling the effects lately with highs and lows and overall sluggish. I am sure it cannot be benefiting my daughter either (I am breastfeeding). I will be doing a modified version with less fish in it since I am concerned about mercury levels and I will be eating same thing for a week for breakfast and lunch instead of varying it because it is too much prep time to make somethign new each day.

I am open to suggestions adn comments from others that have done it as well as a buddy if anyone is interested.

mom2lillian

I am going to try and complete some shopping tongiht or this weekend and get started right away next week. I have been eating horrid lately and really feeling the effects lately with highs and lows and overall sluggish. I am sure it cannot be benefiting my daughter either (I am breastfeeding). I will be doing a modified version with less fish in it since I am concerned about mercury levels and I will be eating same thing for a week for breakfast and lunch instead of varying it because it is too much prep time to make somethign new each day.

I am open to suggestions adn comments from others that have done it as well as a buddy if anyone is interested.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

EnergyGal

I feel that eating salmon is healthy and has less mercury than most fish out there. I feel everything in moderation is important. Watch your calories if you need to keep the weight on and Rome was not built in a day so have patience while learning a new way of eating.

If you like breads try Kamut, quinoa pastas, spelt, rye depending if you are going to avoid gluten altogether.

Eat lots of veggies when you can. The more green your vegetables are the better.

Oils- olive oil is great, flax seed in moderation but it can interfere with medications.
toasted sesame oil is healthy

It is better to bake, broil and avoiding frying. Stir fry is good if you like that.

Avoid all refined sugars.

eat enough fruits but do not overdo.

I eat certified orgainc red meat once a week and eat chicken (free range) more often.

I did not read the book because i believe that every person tolerates every food differently. Just because something is "healthy" does not mean it is right for everyone.

I have found that Wheat products do not agree with me. I am Currently avoiding Soy products (even organic) because after avoiding them for a weeks, I energy test weak to them.

I recommend a great book "Energy Medicine" by Donna Eden and David Feinstein PhD. because in this book they talk about Energy testing your foods and vitamins. You can know what foods are better for you by energy testing. How much of a certain food that you can eat by asking your body questions through specific organ and muscle testing.

I know you can do it. Think of this new way of eating as eliminating the bad stuff and substituting more good stuff.

EnergyGal

I feel that eating salmon is healthy and has less mercury than most fish out there. I feel everything in moderation is important. Watch your calories if you need to keep the weight on and Rome was not built in a day so have patience while learning a new way of eating.

If you like breads try Kamut, quinoa pastas, spelt, rye depending if you are going to avoid gluten altogether.

Eat lots of veggies when you can. The more green your vegetables are the better.

Oils- olive oil is great, flax seed in moderation but it can interfere with medications.

It is better to bake, broil and avoiding frying. Stir fry is good if you like that.

I eat certified orgainc red meat once a week and eat chicken (free range) more often.

I did not read the book because i believe that every person tolerates every food differently. Just because something is "healthy" does not mean it is right for everyone.

I have found that Wheat products do not agree with me. I am Currently avoiding Soy products (even organic) because after avoiding them for a weeks, I energy test weak to them.

I recommend a great book "Energy Medicine" by Donna Eden and David Feinstein PhD. because in this book they talk about Energy testing your foods and vitamins. You can know what foods are better for you by energy testing. How much of a certain food that you can eat by asking your body questions through specific organ and muscle testing.

I know you can do it. Think of this new way of eating as eliminating the bad stuff and substituting more good stuff.

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

Irishgal

You will love the way you feel once on the diet. Give it time thogh-about a month or so. I must say at first, it is not easy!! Lots of time shopping & preparing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it just becomes a normal way of eating. Try not to "cheat," as you will feel the effects of it right away or even a few days later. Eating at people's homes can be a challenge, but I usually bring my own crackers (rice thins) or bread (wheat free, brown rice bread) & tell them of my restrictions. It is easier for me to stick to the gluten wheat, dairy, soy-free diet because I do have allergies to them. I just found out about 9 months ago. Let me know if you need any help, suggestions for foods, etc. There is a lot of great stuff out there at Whole Foods& Trader Joe's-we are lucky these days. Actually, my PFT's increased after about a month of doinf the diet. Good luck!!

Irishgal

You will love the way you feel once on the diet. Give it time thogh-about a month or so. I must say at first, it is not easy!! Lots of time shopping & preparing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it just becomes a normal way of eating. Try not to "cheat," as you will feel the effects of it right away or even a few days later. Eating at people's homes can be a challenge, but I usually bring my own crackers (rice thins) or bread (wheat free, brown rice bread) & tell them of my restrictions. It is easier for me to stick to the gluten wheat, dairy, soy-free diet because I do have allergies to them. I just found out about 9 months ago. Let me know if you need any help, suggestions for foods, etc. There is a lot of great stuff out there at Whole Foods& Trader Joe's-we are lucky these days. Actually, my PFT's increased after about a month of doinf the diet. Good luck!!

Irishgal

Irishgal

Irishgal

mom2lillian

Thanks ladies

I eat pretty healthful normally, all whole wheat whole grain, lots veggies and fruits and I always balance with protein. I do eat some processed foods but not alot. More like a south beach diet. Where my downfalls lie are the sweets I am a HUGE sweets person, the rest of it wont be that hard those are types foods I enjoy anyway. The big problem will be time for me, if someone coudl prepare and buy these for me I wold be 100% awesome in following it LOL.

I currently do not do organic and am not sure that I will. I dont really have alot extra money right now to 'go organic' and I live in a small town and the largest town close (where I wrok) has only one decent size organic store and its limited. I AM going hormone free etc on the meat, more for my daughter than anything.

I think I am goig to take it slow at first and I wont exactly be following 28 day program because there is no way I am cooking different food to take to work every day, right now I make something enough for teh week and take it and that is probably what I still will do, same on breakfasts. I will follow the recommended foods but not change them every day.

I am thinking of joining e-diets because I see they have the perricon plan on there and then I can click and print out my meal plans and grocery lists, I am trying to assemble a grocery list right now by going through all recipes and its a pain.

thanks for the encouragement.

mom2lillian

Thanks ladies

I eat pretty healthful normally, all whole wheat whole grain, lots veggies and fruits and I always balance with protein. I do eat some processed foods but not alot. More like a south beach diet. Where my downfalls lie are the sweets I am a HUGE sweets person, the rest of it wont be that hard those are types foods I enjoy anyway. The big problem will be time for me, if someone coudl prepare and buy these for me I wold be 100% awesome in following it LOL.

I currently do not do organic and am not sure that I will. I dont really have alot extra money right now to 'go organic' and I live in a small town and the largest town close (where I wrok) has only one decent size organic store and its limited. I AM going hormone free etc on the meat, more for my daughter than anything.

I think I am goig to take it slow at first and I wont exactly be following 28 day program because there is no way I am cooking different food to take to work every day, right now I make something enough for teh week and take it and that is probably what I still will do, same on breakfasts. I will follow the recommended foods but not change them every day.

I am thinking of joining e-diets because I see they have the perricon plan on there and then I can click and print out my meal plans and grocery lists, I am trying to assemble a grocery list right now by going through all recipes and its a pain.

mom2lillian

Thanks ladies

mom2lillian

Thanks ladies

mom2lillian

Thanks ladies