Antibiotics

IVWinchester79

Hello,
One little question. Currently I am on oral Cipro and Levoquin. It's never really affected me before when taken together, only if I took it when I hadn't eaten. It just made me feel like I had to vomit for about an hour or two. Lately though I noticed that I can't finish a meal. When I tried to keep eating, I threw up. My question is, could the meds be affecting me differently? Or should I be really worried?

Thank you.

rubyroselee

The same thing always happens to me when I'm on Cipro. I haven't taken Cipro for 10+ years because of how it would make me nauseas/vomit right after taking it for about 1-2 hours after. I actually tolerated it for many years before I had issues. Sorry that I don't have any advice, but it sounds similar to what I have experienced.

erock77

I used to get nauseous badly and sometimes stabbing pains in my gut while on antibiotics (IV or oral). I think it has to do with the healthy flora (good bacteria) in your gut being destroyed, taking probiotics (like acidophilus) about 2 hours after the abx, it should help temporarily restore the flora. It's hard to pick a brand, since most aren't well studied or documented. I get Jarrows with lots of different strains in it, and take about 10 billion cells per dose. It's a pain to schedule it, but it helps a lot.

SoyaSauce

Having an out of whack gut can REALLY contribute to nausea and throwing up , get some nice yogurts and probiotics and starting taking those. Or even with your meds, I recommended having a few saltine crackers so you not on empty stomach.

When I took doxy for the first few days fine I was fit as a fiddle, then suddenly my appetite started to decrease, and my stomach was churning non- stop and dry heaves set in. I knew it was time for the probitiotics, start taking those, and dry heaves, feeling/ LOOKING green was gone.

**My personal Idiot note to self, * Next time, Take probiotics before antibiotics...so i'm not wondering, why I am praying next to a basin.... (PILLS)