Antibodies

Lamp

So I hear alot of talk about having antibodies and it making it harder to get matched. My sister had no antibodies so she couldn't answer my questions. This might sound really dumb so bare with me!! haha Where do they come from? Or how do you get them? Are they from having blood transfusions? Is it people that have really good immune systems that have alot of antibodies?

Also I wanted to say that I'm praying for all you waiting for you lungs. ANd that they come soon!! I might know some day what its like to be waiting, I just hope someone will be praying for me as well!!

Take care all!!

Lamp

So I hear alot of talk about having antibodies and it making it harder to get matched. My sister had no antibodies so she couldn't answer my questions. This might sound really dumb so bare with me!! haha Where do they come from? Or how do you get them? Are they from having blood transfusions? Is it people that have really good immune systems that have alot of antibodies?

Also I wanted to say that I'm praying for all you waiting for you lungs. ANd that they come soon!! I might know some day what its like to be waiting, I just hope someone will be praying for me as well!!

Take care all!!

Lamp

Take care all!!

Lamp

Take care all!!

Lamp

<br />
<br />Also I wanted to say that I'm praying for all you waiting for you lungs. ANd that they come soon!! I might know some day what its like to be waiting, I just hope someone will be praying for me as well!!
<br />
<br />
<br />Take care all!!

Transplantmommy

From my understanding, antibodies are something that you naturally have in your blood and some people have more than others and it makes it harder to find a match for transplant. If your antibodies don't match the donors, then I believe that rejection is more common. I have never fully understood this, so someone may have a better answer, but I'm pretty sure that it's not from blood transfusions.

I had about 21 fresh frozen plasma (FFP's...a blood product) transfusions in a few years before transplant and my blood was fine.

Transplantmommy

From my understanding, antibodies are something that you naturally have in your blood and some people have more than others and it makes it harder to find a match for transplant. If your antibodies don't match the donors, then I believe that rejection is more common. I have never fully understood this, so someone may have a better answer, but I'm pretty sure that it's not from blood transfusions.

I had about 21 fresh frozen plasma (FFP's...a blood product) transfusions in a few years before transplant and my blood was fine.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I had about 21 fresh frozen plasma (FFP's...a blood product) transfusions in a few years before transplant and my blood was fine.

Lex

The one thing I heard from my doc was that it CAN come from transfusions. That's why they ask you that particular question during evaluations. The woman ahead of me on the list had a high level of antibodies caused by too many transfusions....so I got the call. She would've rejected 60% of whatever she was offered. I'm not too sure about the whole antibody process, like Patti....so I would ask your doc this question to eliminate any questions.

Lex

The one thing I heard from my doc was that it CAN come from transfusions. That's why they ask you that particular question during evaluations. The woman ahead of me on the list had a high level of antibodies caused by too many transfusions....so I got the call. She would've rejected 60% of whatever she was offered. I'm not too sure about the whole antibody process, like Patti....so I would ask your doc this question to eliminate any questions.

Lex

Lex

Lex

Landy

Also, if you've ever been pregnant, you boy may make increased antibodies. That's about all I know on this...

Landy

Also, if you've ever been pregnant, you boy may make increased antibodies. That's about all I know on this...

Landy

Landy

Landy