Any news on Garran?

A

Aspiemom

It's probably harder for Victoria to find time to update us now that I assume Chris is home.

Has anyone heard how Garran is doing? The last update I know of is yesterday morning. I thought maybe Mel or Terri has talked to her on the phone?

A

Aspiemom

It's probably harder for Victoria to find time to update us now that I assume Chris is home.

Has anyone heard how Garran is doing? The last update I know of is yesterday morning. I thought maybe Mel or Terri has talked to her on the phone?

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

JazzysMom

This is from Leah in the family section:

First off, she says hi to everyone & thanks you for all your thoughts & prayers! She is being soooo strong.

Chris has not yet got there yet. He should arrive tomorrow sometime. Her MIL is also coming to town. Her friend did come sit with her yesterday. So she hasnt been alone all this time.

Garran is still under sedation, but still responding to her voice. His brain waves are being monitored, so when it goes up to 70 she knows he is awake & can hear her. Then they come in and put more meds in to sedate him more, so he's not in any pain.

They will slowly wean him off the one sedation that has him like in a "comotose" state. So that he can "help" the machine along when he breathes. Right now the machine is doing ALL the work! They tried nitrous oxide but it couldnt get through the thick mucus down in his lungs.

He is still on insulin, but they did take him off the blood pressure medicine. They dont know what bug got in his lungs yet, but they are not taking any chances. She has to wear gloves & gown when she goes in to see him or touch him. (she hates that)

Both lungs are filled with mucus! He has an infection throughout his whole little body.

She is still in survival mode & we talked about thats how us mothers ONLY know how to deal with all this! We have to be strong for our babies!

She cant eat, drink or sleep in the ICU room. She has to go down the hall to a waiting room. If they see her dosing off, they ask her to go in the waiting room.

Im going to try to go up there tomorrow. The hospital is onle about 10 min away from me. Keep the prayers coming.

-------------------------
Leah~Momma to Reece~5yrs old w/CF~PA~MRSA~Double Delta F508~has a mic key button & a port REECE~YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE!

JazzysMom

First off, she says hi to everyone & thanks you for all your thoughts & prayers! She is being soooo strong.

Chris has not yet got there yet. He should arrive tomorrow sometime. Her MIL is also coming to town. Her friend did come sit with her yesterday. So she hasnt been alone all this time.

Garran is still under sedation, but still responding to her voice. His brain waves are being monitored, so when it goes up to 70 she knows he is awake & can hear her. Then they come in and put more meds in to sedate him more, so he's not in any pain.

They will slowly wean him off the one sedation that has him like in a "comotose" state. So that he can "help" the machine along when he breathes. Right now the machine is doing ALL the work! They tried nitrous oxide but it couldnt get through the thick mucus down in his lungs.

He is still on insulin, but they did take him off the blood pressure medicine. They dont know what bug got in his lungs yet, but they are not taking any chances. She has to wear gloves & gown when she goes in to see him or touch him. (she hates that)

Both lungs are filled with mucus! He has an infection throughout his whole little body.

She is still in survival mode & we talked about thats how us mothers ONLY know how to deal with all this! We have to be strong for our babies!

She cant eat, drink or sleep in the ICU room. She has to go down the hall to a waiting room. If they see her dosing off, they ask her to go in the waiting room.

Im going to try to go up there tomorrow. The hospital is onle about 10 min away from me. Keep the prayers coming.

Leah~Momma to Reece~5yrs old w/CF~PA~MRSA~Double Delta F508~has a mic key button & a port REECE~YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom