Any of you in Kansas?

LouLou

very sad and so scary.
i once drove to outrun a tornado in IL. it was the scariest (and maybe dumbest) thing I've ever done. seeking shelter just didn't seem like an option. so sad that as a college freshman I thought it was safer to keep driving than to ask a stranger if I could camp out in their basement.

LouLou

very sad and so scary.
i once drove to outrun a tornado in IL. it was the scariest (and maybe dumbest) thing I've ever done. seeking shelter just didn't seem like an option. so sad that as a college freshman I thought it was safer to keep driving than to ask a stranger if I could camp out in their basement.

LouLou

very sad and so scary.

65rosessamurai

Gosh, LouLou, OUTRUNNING a tornado!? I've been in Illinois, and there doesn't seem to be that much, but if you ended up taking shelter, you probably wouldn't have a way home, since your car would probably had been carried off into the next county! So, maybe not so dumb under the circumstances. (LOL!)
Reminds me of the time when I was at CF camp, had camped in a tent for the first time (my parents always had a truck/camper combo), and it rained by early the next morning. It seems that storm just built-up speed, because it tore up trees and such in Detroit, so I saw a lot of tree trunks all lined up along the streets, while some where still at an angle in the direction of the blown wind. That kinda freaked me out! I can't recall if a tornado had actually touched down, or if the winds were extremely strong from the storm, though.
However, since that storm, I've been very hesitant to sleep in a tent--boy, was it soggy and cold when I woke up--felt like I was sleeping in the river!

65rosessamurai

Gosh, LouLou, OUTRUNNING a tornado!? I've been in Illinois, and there doesn't seem to be that much, but if you ended up taking shelter, you probably wouldn't have a way home, since your car would probably had been carried off into the next county! So, maybe not so dumb under the circumstances. (LOL!)
Reminds me of the time when I was at CF camp, had camped in a tent for the first time (my parents always had a truck/camper combo), and it rained by early the next morning. It seems that storm just built-up speed, because it tore up trees and such in Detroit, so I saw a lot of tree trunks all lined up along the streets, while some where still at an angle in the direction of the blown wind. That kinda freaked me out! I can't recall if a tornado had actually touched down, or if the winds were extremely strong from the storm, though.
However, since that storm, I've been very hesitant to sleep in a tent--boy, was it soggy and cold when I woke up--felt like I was sleeping in the river!

65rosessamurai