Any one run a fever while pregnant?

Melissa75

Administrator
I had a lot of pain on my right side with my last pregnancy also and it was not significant. I don't really know about fevers though except that you want to be below 102 (I think) or it can harm the fetus.

Night sweats and low grade fevers make me think of MAC and other mycobacteria. Have you had your sputum cultured recently? There has been speculation that MAC is linked to the hormone changes involved in menopause (for non-CF women). Somewhat random, I know.
_________
Melissa, 34 bronchiectasis (no CF)

Melissa75

Administrator
I had a lot of pain on my right side with my last pregnancy also and it was not significant. I don't really know about fevers though except that you want to be below 102 (I think) or it can harm the fetus.

Night sweats and low grade fevers make me think of MAC and other mycobacteria. Have you had your sputum cultured recently? There has been speculation that MAC is linked to the hormone changes involved in menopause (for non-CF women). Somewhat random, I know.
_________

Melissa75

Administrator

_________

Melissa75

Administrator

_________

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />
<br />Night sweats and low grade fevers make me think of MAC and other mycobacteria. Have you had your sputum cultured recently? There has been speculation that MAC is linked to the hormone changes involved in menopause (for non-CF women). Somewhat random, I know.
<br />_________
<br />Melissa, 34 bronchiectasis (no CF)

CDavis

I ran a fever on at least two different occasions during my pregnancy. I also had a cold on those occasions. But it would stay between 100 and 102 for a couple days, even reach 103 for a short while, that was worrisome.
The fastest way I found for bringing it down was ice packs in the armpits. And of course lots of water.
Good luck.
(P.S. Everyone has incredible night sweats after they give birth. It's one way your body gets rid of all the water retention.)

CDavis

I ran a fever on at least two different occasions during my pregnancy. I also had a cold on those occasions. But it would stay between 100 and 102 for a couple days, even reach 103 for a short while, that was worrisome.
The fastest way I found for bringing it down was ice packs in the armpits. And of course lots of water.
Good luck.
(P.S. Everyone has incredible night sweats after they give birth. It's one way your body gets rid of all the water retention.)

CDavis

Good luck.

CDavis

Good luck.

CDavis

<br />The fastest way I found for bringing it down was ice packs in the armpits. And of course lots of water.
<br />Good luck.
<br />(P.S. Everyone has incredible night sweats after they give birth. It's one way your body gets rid of all the water retention.)

Emmeline

I have had a couple of fevers, nothing very high (99.8), but I just would take one acedamedifin and it would go away, and I'd feel tons better.
I have also had lots of pain on my right side. My ribs especially, but my OB says that it's normal since the little guy likes that side. (My g-tube site kind of gets in his way on the other side, so he doesn't like it over there.)

Emmeline

I have had a couple of fevers, nothing very high (99.8), but I just would take one acedamedifin and it would go away, and I'd feel tons better.
I have also had lots of pain on my right side. My ribs especially, but my OB says that it's normal since the little guy likes that side. (My g-tube site kind of gets in his way on the other side, so he doesn't like it over there.)

Emmeline

Emmeline

Emmeline

<br />I have also had lots of pain on my right side. My ribs especially, but my OB says that it's normal since the little guy likes that side. (My g-tube site kind of gets in his way on the other side, so he doesn't like it over there.)